Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the new motor trend which is previewing all of the 07 cars, according to that the SRT-4 will be only 21k, which is lower than the 23k i heard before, but then again nothings offical till dodge says something, any one know any truth to the 21k? i know dodge says its going to be the best bang for the buck, but with 300 horses anything under 25k will be the best bang so it doesnt tell us much. any one know how long waiting list are for srt's?

·
Registered
285 Posts
boyblu said:
any one know how long waiting list are for srt's?
Not long in Phoenix. Especially since 3 dealers say the SRT-4's been cancelled. And two more say they have no clue what I'm talking about. WTF?!?!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
RobMR3 said:
Not long in Phoenix. Especially since 3 dealers say the SRT-4's been cancelled. And two more say they have no clue what I'm talking about. WTF?!?!
lol some dealers are stupid... even when a car has been out for a while, i find they very little no more than the average car person about it so anything before release they in most cases are just making it up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dealers are stupid and will say whatever it takes to get a deal that day, I should know, I am a dodge salesman. I dont agree with it but that is how 90% of the sales people are. There are a few good people out there, just good luck finding them!!! I know that the srt-4 is not that far out because my dealers srt speacalist is going to a class for it next month, he will be able to tell me all about it, I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
minace said:
Dealers are stupid and will say whatever it takes to get a deal that day, I should know, I am a dodge salesman. I dont agree with it but that is how 90% of the sales people are. There are a few good people out there, just good luck finding them!!! I know that the srt-4 is not that far out because my dealers srt speacalist is going to a class for it next month, he will be able to tell me all about it, I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
in general, what is the average lead time for training before a car is available? one would think if it isn't available until april that a training in september wouldn't be the best idea as they'd probally forget it all...

·
Registered
267 Posts
21k might be the starting point for the SRT-4, and 23k might be the "as tested" price, perhaps.

On a side note, it amazes me how many people have such bad experiences with dealers. I have always known that car dealers are stereotypically shady politician-types, but I can't believe how true this seems to be. I'm so glad the dealer I work with is very customer oriented, I assumed this was just the "new" way things were done. But apparently alot of you still have those old-fashioned sales people. Maybe forums like this will help fix that someday.

·
Registered
17 Posts
like I said before, it all depends on the attitude of the people you are working with, for example.... Last week I was selling a caliber to an older gentleman and the particular caliber he wanted had aftermarket wheels put on, and he was over budget by 100$ a month, he just wanted us to remove the aftermarket wheels and replace them back with the factory wheels. Well I fought for him for over two hours with my desk manager and my manager refused to swap the wheels, so the deal walked. Well the next morning upon my arrival to work i see the caliber with the wheels in the service center, the same manager that wouldnt swap the wheels for me swapped them for someone else the next day because he was in a good mood. Sucks but that is the buisness. If you feel uncomfortable in a dealership or think you are getting screwed, leave! comeback another time and see if your gut feeling is any better, dont buy it till you feel 100% sure you are getting a good deal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
in general, what is the average lead time for training before a car is available? one would think if it isn't available until april that a training in september wouldn't be the best idea as they'd probally forget it all...
I don't know what the lead time is on that sort of thing, but one would think that the dealership wouldn't put their salesmen through the training if the car weren't being released soon. If the guy's getting trained for it next month, it may actually, like I've heard, be coming out this fall. After all, model years for cars usually start before New Year's; fall 2006 is when the 2007 models for most manufacturers will be released. Therefore, when Dodge says they're releasing the SRT4 in 2007, it could actually mean Fall 2006. That's just what I've come to understand as far as the release of new models. I could very well be wrong, but I just wanted to put my opinion and thoughts out there. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mid Year releases are very common. Take the Caliber, itself. It was released in January of this year. The SRT-4 should be available in the first quarter of 2007.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts