Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Caliber today after 8 weeks and the interior is different than shown in the book I looked at. The book showed leather tutone slate gray and mine is solid gray leather. The dealer says what I ordered is not available. I was also under the impression I had power seats but now they say they're not available on the SXT. I have heated seats and all the options. I could swear the one I test drove had power seats and was an SXT.

So my questions, does anyone have the tutone seats and what model Cali ?????

Also, who has power seats and what model ??

TIA for any help, it is well appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
AFAIK, power seats aren't an option at all for the Caliber.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so I guess the dealer lied to me. What about the seats, anyone know ??

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've only seen one colour leather seats. But I haven't seen many Calibers with leather, so maybe it does exist? Mine are dark grey, one tone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have two tone leather in my AWD R/T. They are slate grey with a lighter shade of "perforated leather inserts" up the center.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I have seen a few Calibers with the Leather Package, but failed to look for a difference, but I swear that the seats were two different shades of gray.

In the brochure it mentions "Tutone Slate Gray Royal Perforated Leather with Medium Slate Gray Sutton Leather"

Where the "color key" option on the Sport package is there should be a slightly darker color gray. Unless they changed it from the brochure.

No power seats on any 2007 Caliber

·
Registered
361 Posts
Now I have to go look at some pictures of mine. Maybe its a colour blindness thing again *frown*

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't have any good shots, but here's a crop of an otherwise not-so-hot picture that shows a little of the seats ..

You know, I'd swear there's not THAT much difference in real life despite what the picture shows...The magic of harsh flash lighting :X

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the brochure I orderd from had those ones u mentioned. The dealer said they'd rather not sell me the car so they don't get a bad survey. My salesman was practically begging me to give him a nperfect survey. He said he won't get his bonus if they get a bad one. I think the whole place will lose their bonus cuz the sales manager was the one saying we can't have a bad survey ,we could lose our 5 star rating. WTF is that even saying that to me. Is that normal to say and am I an a--hole for being upset about the car being wrong ?

So what to do ? They say they can't get me those seats. You guys think they can, the deal is on hold untill tomorrow at least ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Call some other dealers in your area and see if anything comes up. One ,ay have what you're looking for already in stock.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Principal said:
Call some other dealers in your area and see if anything comes up. One ,ay have what you're looking for already in stock.
I'll go along with THAT suggestion, PLUS having your dealer do the same for a dealer-trade consideration WITHOUT letting them know that you already checked.

If no other dealer has something in stock that is satisfactory, and your dealer can't get you those seats - consider putting your local dealer FURTHER on the spot by negotiating some additional options (accessories, etc) and/or services (extended warranty, free oil changes/tire rotations, etc) AT NO COST that would make the whole package acceptable to YOU.

Perhaps they may also consider a discount on the purchase price; of course, something significantly LESS than the lower costs associated with removing the expense of the unavailable items.

The dealer already apparently screwed up once by leading you believe you were getting things that weren't available - and they should have known that (or maybe DID).

You now control giving the dealership a fair chance to give you a reasonable and acceptable deal. Usually, the pressure is on the buyer and the dealer plays on a buyer's vulnerability, needs, and desires; you are just turning the tables on them.

If the dealership wants to preserve bonuses and maintain a 5-star rating over this - IF they are telling you the truth - I'd speculate that they've had similar problems that THEY created.

Stop the madness! Take advantage of THEIR desperation!

Personally, I'd say this "we'll lose bonuses and a 5-star rating" is MORE likely all just a BS tactic to toss a guilt trip on you and make you either accept the Caliber as-is, or for them to sell it to someone else who WILL take it as-is.

How they react to your "negotiation" for a better deal may indicate whether they are being upfront or just playing you.

Either way - whether you back out and get another Caliber as desired and available, or get some adequate extra "compensation" that you are satisfied with - YOU win.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Here's a picture from the Dodge website from building a Caliber with the leather interior group.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts