Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just following a Marine Blue SXT Caliber home a few minutes ago. It had a key cylinder on the rear hatch so you could unlock the hatch with the key. Is this something new they just added?? It was definitly a factory looking piece, so I know it wasn't added on. It was to the right of the Dodge emblem on the rear hatch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interesting...I'd say its a custom job. A visible key cylinder on the rear hatch?! To me, that sounds ugly!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a lot of work involved in adding a key cylinder on the rear hatch by an aftermarket company. There was nothing visibly modded on the acr, which leads me to belive it was factory installed. If you are going to go to the work of adding in a key cylinder on the rear hatch, you are going to do other stuff as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could have been a rebadged SE without keyless entry and the guy did not want to pop for the 5 bucks more for the R/T sicker for the back of his car LOL!:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
I do know we do factory install with a key cylinder for the hatch, but I'm not sure which ones get it.

I'll check on it tonight and post the answer Monday morning if someone else don't answer first.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, could have sworn it was a SXT. Do they offer SXTs without keyless entry?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Keyless entry is standard on SXT models and R/T the only one that does not get it is the base SE, I believe that if you take the power options group (windows and doors)on the base model you recieve keyless entry as part of the package. Tup if you have keyless entry then you should have the power windows and doorlocks right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have seen it on a few r/t's, i was at the dealer getting my first free oil change,went out side the shop because it was so nice out, to look at the new calibers and the avengers<nice cars>. i noticed that the calibers have a trunk lock key hole... mine don't have that. is that new? i think it looks very ugly with it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, took the car in for an oil change yesterday and walked around the lot looking at the other Calibers. Only one hsd it, and it was the only one without power locks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts