Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone ive recently bought a csrt4 and have done a few things to it keep in mind im new to turbo cars
-ms1k reflash
-agp wategate actuator
- cat and a 3in straight pipe
Thats about it for now but i was wondering how much boost should we be running w/out the engine cutting it out ex im running 11 but if i go past 12 it starts popping like a mofo and cutting off i have messed w sum vac lines as other discussions have said but i cant
seem to figure out this issue as im aiming for 15psi as of now the only lines i have hookes up are the sva to main line and the turbo nipple to wastegate any help or links to help would be great but ive spent hours looking for threads w similar issues
(No bov and no aftermarket intake yet or boost controllers) thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The popping is from your car pulling throttle and ignition due to overboosting, probably because of the agp wga. This mainly happens on the stock pcm or ms1, which both have limits on boost (15 to 16psi)
On ms1k there is no limit on power and boost, and it's supposed to be set to 17psi. So your problem isn't with the pcm.
Therefore, It's probably with the agp wga setup . You have to delete the #2 solenoid when using and aftermarket wga. To do that you have to cap all of the lines coming off of it. But keep the wiring attached. Vac line goes from turbo to wga, which you did. Make sure you have the 12 psi spring in the wastegate too. 19psi spring will probably be overkill.
Also I recommend you just use the stock wga and solenoid setup with ms1k. It is designed that way but it's up to you. You can try the agp wga out and see if you like it better that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive solved the issue and it was very simple and a rookie mistake everything i have setup is fine but i didnt have the spark plugs gapped to .028 which i had to thanks for your help anyway any other things that are a must know for these cars?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It all depends on your goals for the car. How you have it setup now is pretty optimal imo, but the sky is the limit. I just recommend you get a scangauge to monitor st knock and throttle percentage and an a/f ratio gauge, if you don't already have them. It's good to keep an eye on things, especially with a turbo car. Also not a bad idea to do a boost leak test. An oil catch can and pcm check valve are good reliability mods too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was loolimg into that i currently have a scangauge but need an afr moniter but im courious as to whats the diffrence between the oil catch can and the rebreather? Im sure ots 2 diffrent things im new sorry😂 also who woulda knew how ballsy these cars can be ive been suprising evos and subies since im the only csrt4 around town.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you talking about a valve cover breather? That goes on the right side of the motor where that hose goes from the valve cover to the stock intake. People put that there to prevent oil from getting in the intake. It's just a hose with a filter on the end of it, but agp sells a more involved one but it's pretty pricey.

The oil catch can or oil accumulator goes on the left side of the motor where the pcv is. It goes between the pcv and intake manifold. The check valve is also a really good part that will prevent boost leaks. The agp oil accumulator is the best one for this car, but it is a bit pricey imo.

This car is definitely a beast with minor mods. You'll definitely be surprising a lot of people. With your mods you probably have at least 100 more whp than a stock wrx. Probably more. Ms1k makes like 330 whp. Even STIs make like 245 or so whp stock on average. Awd has a lot of drivetrain loss. Good from a dig but doesn't help from a roll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts