Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a brand new black 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT w/ Sports package yesterday. I got a few added options for the Caliber not included in the sports package like, speed control, day running lamps, Sirus radio, 6-disc cd change-mp3 player with cassette, 8.1 speakers, limo tint all around, and 2.0L CVTII Engine upgrade.

They got me a smoking deal. I traded in my 2002 Mit. Lancer with 85'000 miles for (5'100 dollars, bind trade in). I still owed 7800 on it, so I put 2500 dollars down, out the door price $20'742.55. Monthly bill after 7.99%/72 months is $360 per month.

I will tell you they helped me out a lot, I was paying on my 4 year old Mit. Lancer $405 dollars a month. I still had 21 months left to pay on it, because I got to drive it 'free for a year.' Now with this payment, and the fact that my insurance does not go up, it seems like a great buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Congrats! I just ordered mine, a diesel van-conversion (no rear seat!).
Taxes here in Denmark are outrageous, so i got the van-conversion to save a bit. Price for the diesel van, with dealer-installed trailer hitch and cruise control is around $30000 ( yup, thirty thousand). Had i bought it as a normal passenger car, the price would have been around 50 grand! As punishment for buying the van conversion, i get to pay about $2000 a year in road tax instead of $700 for the passenger car.
Nevertheless, i can't wait to get my Cali, next thursday is sooo far away :)

Have fun with your Cali, i know will with mine.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
WOW van conversion... we get no kinda cool options like that here. But $30,000 WHOOOA.. i spent $20,000 dead even for my R/T with a few options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Congratulations Lancer! I also have a Black SXT- pretty much loaded. Love it! So where are you from? I have to ask that of everybody.
And congrats to you as well clavit! I might as well have had the van conversion also, if they offered it here. My back seats are always down and it's usually loaded with equipment. Good luck to the both of ya!
Fitz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
Fitz said:
Congratulations Lancer! I also have a Black SXT- pretty much loaded. Love it! So where are you from? I have to ask that of everybody.
And congrats to you as well clavit! I might as well have had the van conversion also, if they offered it here. My back seats are always down and it's usually loaded with equipment. Good luck to the both of ya!
Fitz
Lancer?:confused: Sorry about that Lurker! See what happens when you get old?:eek: :confused: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Fingernipp said:
WOW van conversion... we get no kinda cool options like that here. But $30,000 WHOOOA.. i spent $20,000 dead even for my R/T with a few options.
That's the Danish tax system at work! There's not really anything cool about the van conversion (except for saving $20k): They rip out the rear seats, lock the windows in the rear doors so they won't go down and put in a steel bedliner so we get a flat cargoarea. The idea is to bring down (!) the price of vans for work-use only. You can also buy the conversion-vans for private use if you can get by with two seats only, but get slapped with an increased roadtax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
clavit said:
Taxes here in Denmark are outrageous, so i got the van-conversion to save a bit. Price for the diesel van, with dealer-installed trailer hitch and cruise control is around $30000 ( yup, thirty thousand). Had i bought it as a normal passenger car, the price would have been around 50 grand! As punishment for buying the van conversion, i get to pay about $2000 a year in road tax instead of $700 for the passenger car.
Nevertheless, i can't wait to get my Cali, next thursday is sooo far away :)

Have fun with your Cali, i know will with mine.....
In Denmark Crd sxt price is about 50 000 eur, which is over 60 000 usd. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Congrats Lurker!

I like a black car just don't like how much work it it to keep clean looking! Looks great. Mia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the interior of the car. I noticed that the 9 speaker system is pretty damn good, but here is the thing. The two speakers up on the dash supply high/mid while the lower one is actually all bass (like a sub). The two in the rear are mids/high and the 3 in the back is (lower quality picnic speakers, still not bad) and the sub.

Can anyone else confirm what I was finding out? Stick your head the lower driver side speaker and it is all bass...weird.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top