Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this is the place for intro's but I wanted to share my buying experience as it is something out of the ordinary. I live in the Austin area and my wife and I went to the local 5 star Dodge dealer this past week to discuss purchase of a Caliber. We are very busy folks and have little time to "hagle". I filled out the on-line build and price at Dodge.com and received an e-mail and call from a sales person from said dealer. We discussed a few items and decided to go down and test drive and have discussion around purchase. We get there, spend about 3 hours of wasted time and leave. Bottom line is that the dealer would not work with the price and we had to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. They were shocked when we left without putting a deposit down. Ha!!!!!

That evening I did some research and found almost the exact car we were looking for with options we wanted. Only problem was it was located in Houston. I sent the dealer an e-mail that evening as sometimes the on-line inventory is out-dated. We get a call from the deal the next morning wanting to deal. They said they would deliver the car to us in Austin from Houston. We were floored! I spoke with the finance person and worked out terms of the deal today. We got the car for invoice. The internet sales manager will be driving to deliver the car to us this Sunday. Talk about customer service!!!!!!

Sorry about the length. Just wanted to share our experience. BTW the name of the dealer in Houston is: Helfman Dodge.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
wbt said:
They said they would deliver the car to us in Austin from Houston. We were floored! I spoke with the finance person and worked out terms of the deal today. We got the car for invoice. The internet sales manager will be driving to deliver the car to us this Sunday. Talk about customer service!!!!!!.
Nice! Congrats. Hope the deal continues to go as smooth... and welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds great. Our first experience with a dealer was bad. We walked away. I hope we can find a dealer that's willing to work with us like the dealer you found. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good to hear, and welcome! I dealt with DeMontrond in Conroe Tx. and had a great experience! They got me my Caliber within a week of me saying I wanted one! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Fitz

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome WBT ! and its nice to hear a happy ending with the dealers to a new beginning with your Caliber !

Please do post up all about your Cali, we'd love to hear all about it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the group. I bought an R/T off the lot, paid sticker, no regrets. Worth the money, and it was in stock and there were 30 other people in line behind me who would have taken it if I didn't want it. About 7,300 miles, everything has been great, although my steering audio controls have been acting up lately. Grr. L8r.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xlr8 said:
Welcome WBT ! and its nice to hear a happy ending with the dealers to a new beginning with your Caliber !

Please do post up all about your Cali, we'd love to hear all about it.
Will do!

I feel like a kid again waiting for my birthday. Sounds strange being almost 32.

If the weather is good this Sunday, I will post some pics. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
That is GREAT. I was at the dealer for about 4 hours and left. They called me back the next evening and made me a smoking deal. Good people to work with, just takes alot of time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Tyke

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well while waiting for tomorrow, I will post some of my '67 Plymouth Valiant.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
wbt said:
Nice. Looks like it's in great shape!

My dad had a 66 Valiant. I busted my lip on the metal dash once when my dad slamed on the brakes (I was sitting on my moms lap... those were the days). And we had lots of crayons that melted though the cardboard rear speaker covers (I think they were speaker covers... they had lots of little holes in it) behind the rear seats. If I remember right it had a push button trany too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Plymouth Valiant.....the car that was in the film 'Duel' if I remember correctly ! not yours lol but the same make and model and year too I think !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car was delivered this afternoon. We are very pleased. Ran out of time to take pics. Will post some tomorrow.

Once thing I noticed is our SXT does not have a chrome grill. All the SXT's I have seen have a chrome grill. This is fine by me as I like the mono-color look better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts