Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love this car! I am glad I did not order one! I test drove 3 different ones 2.0 SXT Sport with CVT. The one I bought was very superior in handling, smoothness, more responsive, quieter and had more getty up than the other two. I was shocked:eek: at the difference in these 3 and recommend driving several to get the best ride. Color is overrated anyway IMO.:cool: Happy and safe Calibering to all!:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Calibreath said:
I love this car! I am glad I did not order one! I test drove 3 different ones 2.0 SXT Sport with CVT. The one I bought was very superior in handling, smoothness, more responsive, quieter and had more getty up than the other two. I was shocked:eek: at the difference in these 3 and recommend driving several to get the best ride. Color is overrated anyway IMO.:cool: Happy and safe Calibering to all!:)
OK, so what are the details on the model you chose?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Interesting that you drove 3 models of the SXT 2.0, and each one was different. I've always wondered because my SXT 2.0 w/CVT is really quick off the line and very responsive. Then I read where someone complains about being slow off the line. Now I know I'm not just dreaming when I'm always beating the crapola out of everyone when we take off.
Thanks, and Welcome! Where ya from?

Fitz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in central Illinois small town 100 miles south of Chicago. I was really surprised at the difference. Thanks for the welcome!:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Calibreath said:
2.0 SXT Sport, CVT, Marine Blue Pearl
Color isn't overrated - marine blue was my first choice ;)

BTW - talking about responsiveness, starting right around 8500 miles I can spin my tires taking off (w/ the 2.0L and CVT) and it definately wasn't anywhere close to doing that when it was new - I guess it's "broken in" now? My tires are fine.. so it's not that my tires are bad and just slipping :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I realize that there was a problem with Firestone in the past, however, after a month of driving on dry and wet raods I've not noticed any problems with the Firestones.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Try driving through standing water at 100 kph. Because of the lack of side grooves on the thread water can't be dispersed and the tires aquaplane resulting in lack off control. Loud road noise. Useless with even the slightest bit of snow on the ground. Loss of traction on curves, wet or dry. World of difference even on dry pavement with the H rated Continental WinterContacts I put on 2 weeks ago even though they are snow tires. The problem with the Ford Explorer Firestones was because the SUV wouldn't pass some government tests with 32-34 PSI in the tires so Ford used 28 PSI and the treads separated when they overheated. I still think Firestone got screwed on that fiasco. Anyway, the Caliber's Firestones suck and I won't put mine back on till it's time to trade her in. I've noticed that the European Calibers seem to come with Conti's. Could someone post which model they are? EcoContacts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gas mileage on the highway with speed control at 72-75 mph 24mpg hope it gets better. I love the car more than I thought I would, I have had nothing , but Caravans for 12 years, the Caliber is fun to drive and rides nice at 75mph. I drive about 500 miles a week. Calibers rock!!

Calibreath

1 - 11 of 11 Posts