Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these over on srtforums.com...Possibly an ACR test mule?? Check out the full blown race interior with the bucket seats and roll cage! Also note the mufflerless exhaust and hood pins...


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

now that is a bad ass ride!! for some reason it looks like it is sitting higher than the other photos we have seen, possibly an awd test vehicle????? And will they even produce the srt-4 in that color??? well good find and keep up the pics guy's!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

minace said:
now that is a bad ass ride!! for some reason it looks like it is sitting higher than the other photos we have seen, possibly an awd test vehicle????? And will they even produce the srt-4 in that color??? well good find and keep up the pics guy's!!!!




The "mufflerless exhaust " is the same looking setup as what is on the pre-production caliber srt4 pics from SRT nationals.

To be honest, the hood pins picture is so blury that they could be photochopped, but either way good find.

the ride height is awfully high I agree.... re: acr:
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-specs-page3.html
...With the on-sale date still about a year away, the SRT boys are reticent about possible “stage” kits, other than to admit there will be one or more, and that a bigger turbo will be part of the plan. Over 5200 owners of first-gen SRT4s opted for stage kits, so like the SRT4 renewal itself, it’s a business opportunity the company can’t ignore. As for the possibility of renewing the ACR (American Club Racing) package, Helbig will admit only that it’s “a very good question.”
you'd think the ride height would be lower though even with awd as the caliber srt4 as is still sits pretty high in comparision to the evo/sti
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

Does anyone else find the Caliber kind of ugly when you're looking at the front end straight on?

I mean, the caliber is NOT ugly by any means... but every picture that has a front-on shot looks horrible.

(So did the Neon SRT though... so...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

the car is awesome..they say it will be around 30000$ thats not much at all..but when it comes to Europe the price will be far more up..i assume around 35000-40000$..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

Ironside said:
Does anyone else find the Caliber kind of ugly when you're looking at the front end straight on?

I mean, the caliber is NOT ugly by any means... but every picture that has a front-on shot looks horrible.

(So did the Neon SRT though... so...)


I agree, i hate that angle... looks soooo narrow and tall only at that exact angle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

black said:
the car is awesome..they say it will be around 30000$ thats not much at all..but when it comes to Europe the price will be far more up..i assume around 35000-40000$..
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-specs-page3.html
On the other hand, the SRT team sees the body style as an opportunity to expand the car’s market appeal to mid-’20s guys with families. And this much is certain: If Dodge makes good on its plan to keep prices low, and the new SRT4 rolls into showrooms with a base of about $22,000, it will still be an absolutely unbeatable performance buy.
$22k USD was in May, latest announcements are showing $21k USD.... no way even with import, currency etc. that it will be 35k-40k... nobody would buy it at that price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

Unoriginalusername said:
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-specs-page3.html


$22k USD was in May, latest announcements are showing $21k USD.... no way even with import, currency etc. that it will be 35k-40k... nobody would buy it at that price
you have to realize that the price here is a lot expensive..the base car that is 1.8SE here costs 136500,00kn that is in us currency around 23500$ so figure it out..the import is what lifts the price up you know?sad but true..my dealer said that they are negotiating with dodge to put the price down for europe models,but STILL its alot cheaper then the competitors like toyota,hyundai,kia,opel,vw etc etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

the color looks like electric blue and yea i dont see why hood pins are where they are its prolly added on could be a cell phone picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Re: New Pictures!!

I bet it's the same as the original SRT's exhaust except larger...Turbo manifold to catalytic converter to downpipe with 2 resonators and then straight through from there...Edit: Just read the preliminary specifications listed in the thread below and it lists twin catalytic converters...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

did anyone else notice that car and drive site saying standing quarter mile in 14.1????? if that is correct my buddies o4 GTO did a quarter mile in 14.9 right out of the box with a 6 spd..im excited looks like i gota do a trade in for an SRT4. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

I got my car and driver issue in today and there is a picture and mention of Dodge Caliber SRT4



I'll type up the short article later :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

cali_stang said:
did anyone else notice that car and drive site saying standing quarter mile in 14.1????? if that is correct my buddies o4 GTO did a quarter mile in 14.9 right out of the box with a 6 spd..im excited looks like i gota do a trade in for an SRT4. :)
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-performance-page2.html
All of this, according to the SRT guys, adds up to a 0-to-60 capability of less than six seconds, and we have no reason to doubt that. The question is how much less. The Caliber SRT4 is going to weigh in substantially heavier than the old SRT4 — at least 200 pounds — but even so, with all that torque and horsepower on tap, we expect numbers in the middle of the five-second scale. And the top end, according to Helbig, will be pretty high.

“It’ll be a 150-mph car,” he says.

Performance ratings (C/D est):
Zero to 60 mph: 5.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.1 sec
Note that was a preview article in May, nearly a year before the car comes out and more specs were available... all test times wer ESTIMATED by car and driver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

cali_stang said:
did anyone else notice that car and drive site saying standing quarter mile in 14.1????? if that is correct my buddies o4 GTO did a quarter mile in 14.9 right out of the box with a 6 spd..im excited looks like i gota do a trade in for an SRT4. :)
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1 5.3 13.8
2005 Pontiac GTO LS2 4.8 13.0 (GM Sales Literature)
14.9? where on earth did you get that number, GTO is 13.8-14.0 in all the road tests
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

locomaza said:
I got my car and driver issue in today and there is a picture and mention of Dodge Caliber SRT4



I'll type up the short article later :)
hmm I haven't gotten my car and driver yet... and I didn't see anything new mentioned in last months... I'll have to watch the mail for it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

Unoriginalusername said:
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1 5.3 13.8
2005 Pontiac GTO LS2 4.8 13.0 (GM Sales Literature)
14.9? where on earth did you get that number, GTO is 13.8-14.0 in all the road tests
I think he is saying is buddy ran a 14.9. Not everyone is a professional driver and will be able to achieve the times posted on mags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Re: New Pictures!!

lambkins said:
I think he is saying is buddy ran a 14.9. Not everyone is a professional driver and will be able to achieve the times posted on mags.
Road and track for example claim that their times are often slower than a few other mag's since they launch and shift in a manner that the average Joe could.... they ran the GTO at 13.7 (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=2905&page_number=2)

Just saying 14.9 is way below average, the track is long, uphill, 4 passengers and on bad gas lol :D
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top