Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.

We are have just paid to be official sponsers on the Charger and 300C sister site forums, and we will be contacting the administrators first thing tomorrow about becoming a paid sponser of this site as well.

Our product line is Billet Technology by Vertex Precision, Inc. We are owners of The Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Magnum, and Dodge Caliber, thus we have a commitment as owners to your car. Our company designs and manufactures all of our billet dress-up accessories so you are assured of a proper fit as well as a quality product.

I am attaching some photos of the interior dress-up pieces we have available for your Caliber. All photos show the product in mirror polished finished, however we offer satin also. The great thing about what we sell is that you don't have to tear your car apart to install the items just snap on and your finished. On the billet shift knob we provide you with complete instructions on how to remove your original and install ours. Its simple and easy and requires no tools.

The price for the Shift Knob is $45 polished and $38 Satin. The radio knob kit includes both pieces polished for $24, satin $21, and the mirror control bezel kit $29 polished, and $26 satin. As a forum member we will discount you 15% for your order.

You can reach us at 561-582-6171. Our fax is 561-582-1012, our website is just about finished for online ordering. You can preview at billettechnology.com. Our machine shop web address is vertexprecision.com

We have exciting things planned for for the Caliber, and will be introducing new items over the next month. If you have any suggestions we would love to hear from you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Nice products, and really good prices for the items. You could easily charge more and stiil seel lots of them. Not too big on the streo knobs, but the shifter and mirror ones are cool and will probably buy them in the future. Thanks for the support.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree with HSKR. I really like the shifter and the price. I too will probably, most likely, definately buy some of your products. I'm glad to see more products being presented for the Caliber. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. We feel it is important when you offer a product that you actually own the car that you are offering the product on. We do sell our items to others for distribution, but when it comes right down to it there really is nothing better than being able to communicate with someone who actually drives and interacts with the same car the same way you do. Its also important that you don't gouge the consumer.

A sneak peak at what is to come; we are working on several designs for a billet fuel door offered in polished, anodized polished to color, and satin finish. We should have some lock pins ready shortly, an ebrake handle, and the drivers side seat tilt lever.

Always, if you have any suggestions, we are here to listen to you.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have an idea of something you can make for us. :)

How about a chrome or plastic chrome look-a-like ring to go around the door knob locks. I've always thought it looked unfinished and I'm sure you can start cranking them out for us current owners before DCX gets around to it. :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
OK, Dude, if you take this idea, I better get some for free. Engrave the ram head in them, That would be awsome!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I have an idea of something you can make for us. :)

How about a chrome or plastic chrome look-a-like ring to go around the door knob locks. I've always thought it looked unfinished and I'm sure you can start cranking them out for us current owners before DCX gets around to it. :p

We actually make a bezel kit for the LX cars (300, Magnum, Chargers). You pop out the plastic piece and insert ours. We have sold these pieces off to distruibutors and have gotten positive feed back.

Doing this mod for the Caliber would not be difficult at all. The problem is exactly as you stated, on the lock pins are there its just the lock with not too much area around it for an insert. To fasten onto your car around the lock would require 3M High Heat Two way tape. I'll speak with my design team tomorrow, as we are working on the lock pins now to see if we can offer a bezel and lock package when we are ready to offer the lock pins.

Thanks again for you input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
black-sxt-sport said:
OK, Dude, if you take this idea, I better get some for free. Engrave the ram head in them, That would be awsome!!!
I would love to be able to engrave the Ram Head, Logos, and the like, but it come right down to licensing. We have applied for that with DCX, and hopefully we will be able to give you official logos soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
en023 said:
I know there are already some Grilles out on the market, but do you guys plan on making your own?
No doubt....everyone and his dog offers the same old billet aluminum or a really cheap mesh but i would love to see somebody think outside the box and offer a kickass grill for the caliber!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the question about Grilles. We are looking at this as an option. We understand that everyone and his brother wants to get on the grille express. I'll keep you all posted about this. Again, if you have any questions or want to submit a suggestion, please feel free to call us or email us.

When our website is finished toward the end of this week we plan on adding an option where we showcase customer cars.

Thanks again for all of your interest and feedback. We appreicate it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to thank everyone again for the postive feedback and emails we have received from some of you.

We are entertaining offering a replacement A/C Control knob kit for the Caliber. Would appreciate any feed back if it is something you all might consider. Obviously this would not be a cover, but an actual replacement for your current A/C knobs.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
447 Posts
So long as the knobs still allow the light to come through where they do on the OEM ones. I think it'd look pretty good. Even though they are already sort of a satin finish.

It'd be awesome if you guys could look into body colored parts. That would be just plain awesome to have all my knobs etc in red.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Amandyke said:
So long as the knobs still allow the light to come through where they do on the OEM ones. I think it'd look pretty good. Even though they are already sort of a satin finish.

It'd be awesome if you guys could look into body colored parts. That would be just plain awesome to have all my knobs etc in red.

Yes on the A/C knobs, the light will shine thru. We make a kit for the 300, Magnums, and Chargers. The light slots would be machined right in. You can go to our website and download a brochure of our products and see on the AC knobs and mirror bezels that the light slot is included.

In answer to your question about colored parts; no problems. We can anodize to just about any color, and we can also anodize over a polished finish. Just let us know what color you are looking for and more often then not it can be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is another shot of the dash from the side with the shift knob and radio buttons. I know many of you are looking for a different bezel to go around the shifter. We are currently prototyping that piece right now and when it goes into production I will let you all know. We will offer the piece in satin, polished, satin anodized to color, and polished anodize to color.

Thanks for your patience on our website. The store is being built right now and our web folks are tweaking it so that everything is safe and secure to order from. Again, thanks very very much for your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know many of you all asked about doing items to color. We just had some shift knobs come back from powder coat today for customers that wanted matches to their Top Banana Daytonas. I have attached a sample picture for you all to view. Again, I want thank you for your patience as we build our store front on the web.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
BilletTechnology said:
I know many of you all asked about doing items to color. We just had some shift knobs come back from powder coat today for customers that wanted matches to their Top Banana Daytonas. I have attached a sample picture for you all to view. Again, I want thank you for your patience as we build our store front on the web.
That looks pretty nice. What's the price point for the powder coating?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Amandyke said:
That looks pretty nice. What's the price point for the powder coating?
$50. We usually take the color chart from the cars and our vendor in most cases can do a match. We will make sure to have this option available for online ordering once the store is up online

We are doing a custom knob right now that we modified for a customer for his 57 Chevy. We got a paint match from his body shop for the custom paint job that was done on the car. As long as we have the color charts to work with (in the case with our cars its easy to get) or a paint sample we can hook you up.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome products Billet!

how easy is it to change the 3 A/C Heater knobs??

i am looking at getting red color keyed knobs, but i am not to handy with cars.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts