Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New PROJECTOR headlights w Halos for Caliber

We have a new style of Projector headlights with Halo rings in stock shortly!

Ie, probably anywhere from today - friday roughly.

Note, these will be available with black background, or chrome background..

Here is a picture of the Caliber projector headlights with chrome background..

Pricing will be $239.99 with free FEDEX shipping, and we will have a limited amount coming into stock. We are working hard on getting lots more in !! We STRONGLY recommend that you call us, and reserve a set of these, we will NOT bill your credit card for them until they ship.

Again, we will have limited quantities of these coming in, and we have the BEST pricing on these as the rip off artists on Ebay are all selling these for $280 + ++ $30-50 shipping!! So this price is $70-$100 cheaper than everyone elses!

Call us to reserve a set ! Toll free 1-877-247-6366

·
Registered
721 Posts
Now somebody explain this to me, what's the difference in projectors and HID (Xenon and such)? Are these designed for it and all or will these be like the rice moron ones that blind everybody?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Projectors are simply the device that aims the light. You can have halogen projectors as well as HID.

modernceo: If you can get some projector lights without the ricer LEDs you could make a killing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Projectors are the type of headlight, they have that little "cat-eye" if you will. They actually project the light onto the road with a magnifying lens.

H.I.D, or High Intensity Discharge lamps are just the type of light that is emitted from the lens, most of them are projectors, but not all of them. They use brighter burning gasses instead of halogen or other incandecent lights. They look blue because they are actually pure white, and white reflects the blue color. Pure black has this same effect on the visible light spectrum. Kind of a brief explanation of "Why is the sky blue?" question. (there is more to it than that).

One of the ways you can tell HID lights over cheap blue halogens, when the lights come on, they are instant, like LED's... and they kinda "bounce" when they come on.

Does that help?

·
Registered
721 Posts
That does help, are these any brighter or "better" then than what we already have? Are these HID or Halogen housings? (I figure with HID though we'd have to deal with wiring, no?) Pic in use? Looking for some mods for mine, figured this might look nice and is "reasonably" cheap.

·
Registered
577 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:
That does help, are these any brighter or "better" then than what we already have? Are these HID or Halogen housings? (I figure with HID though we'd have to deal with wiring, no?) Pic in use? Looking for some mods for mine, figured this might look nice and is "reasonably" cheap.
There is some wiring issues, considering that there is a ballast involved. HID's are typically hundreds of dollars per light, it's not as simple as plugging in a bulb. You almost always need a conversion done, that usually includes the entire headlight assembly.

At one point in time I found a website that does conversions, but I can't remember the site. Maybe a Google search will help you.

I like those E-bay assemblies too, they look awesome, BUT after reading some realtime reviews and even a few on this forum, I don't think I will get them. I like to have enough light to see at night, and I am already not satisfied with the amount of light that the Cali's high beams put out, I definetly don't want to put anything in that will be less. It's still in the back of my mind though, I might be able to work with them.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4091
Edit: heres a thread on them...
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4091

·
Registered
312 Posts
The SRT-4 headlights are the same as the normal Caliber, so they'll fit.

I got a set of these for my Neon SRT-4 recently, and I love them. Just installed them last night in fact. Here's a couple pics of the halos, and a couple of the stock vs. projector output (still need to aim these things...).

The shots are in reverse order, the last 4 were taken when I had one stock headlight in and one projector headlight in, to compare the two beams. The first 2 shots were after I got both installed, obviously.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oh I got a couple good shots here too, first shot I squatted in front of the projector headlight to block its output, so you can see just one stock lamps output, and in the second shot I did the same to the stock headlight, so you can see just the projectors output. Judge for yourselves.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
damn that looks nice, im going to wait and see what they look like with the black housing, if the look like the chrome ones i will just get Q45 projectors and retro those into the caliber housing

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the military stationed in Aviano...I have been looking for head lights and tail lights for my vehicle...I found some Spec-D Headlights on Andy's for both head lights and tail lights it was just $287 but the shipping and custom fees were more than both of the items put together well over $300. I want the lights but not that bad...anyone know of a site or company that ships to APO or P.O Boxes and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg? Would greatly appreciate it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts