Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to get some help with identifying what litre my 2009 Caliber SXT CVT is. I'm getting conflicting information. Did they even make a 2009 1.8 litre CVT? Or is that just for the manual transmission? My transmission has gone out at 152000 miles and I'm looking at replacing it to sale. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum, as far as I know the 1.8 only came with a manual transmission, you required the 2.0 litre engine or above to get the CVT transmission, but I may be wrong. So I've attached the 2009 US Dodge Caliber brochure which lists what was available with what engine and what trim levels. Another option may be to take your VIN number to a dealer and get them to tell you what engine your car had when it left the factory. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, welcome to the forum, as far as I know the 1.8 only came with a manual transmission, you required the 2.0 litre engine or above to get the CVT transmission, but I may be wrong. So I've attached the 2009 US Dodge Caliber brochure which lists what was available with what engine and what trim levels. Another option may be to take your VIN number to a dealer and get them to tell you what engine your car had when it left the factory. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts