Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search to make sure this isn't a duplicate thread and didn't find anything like it. I just wanted to find out if the people who have their Caliber are still as excited about it as I am mine! I've only had my Caliber for a month and a half and it seems like I just got it yesterday! I still want to be in it all the time and can't seem to get over just how fun it is to drive! Now, I don't know if it's just me because it's my first new car or if it's just the car itself. I'm leaning toward it being just the car and that it is just such a great car! Everything about it makes me happy and I feel as if I could drive it forever! So far, the only person besides me who has gotten to drive it is a good friend of mine. My brother keeps bothering me to drive it and so does another friend of mine, but I keep telling them both that I'm just not ready to let them because the newness just hasn't worn off yet! At this point, I'm wondering if the newness will ever wear off because of how much I like my car. I have to say though that I do have a tendency to get attached to my car (I drove a '92 Dodge Shadow America 2-door for 7 yrs and even when I wrecked it I wanted to drive it some more; it had 222,863 miles on the original engine). Anyway, I thought I'd share with you how I still always want to be driving my Caliber! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
jongunz said:
The newness wore off for me after the first door ding. Small yet it kills the thrill of having a new car.
I FREAKIN HATE **** LIKE THAT! Even with the van, we park in the back 40 just to avoid numbnuts that do that! :mad: :mad:

Oh, no, the "joy" is still there. Its opnly been 2.5 weeks mind you. I still get a kick driving the PT, its almost 6 now!:cool: (no door dings, YET!)

Life's a cruise. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It wore off for my wife. She told me yesterday I can start driving my new car. She said she missed her Caravan. She said the Caliber was too small for her. She likes her cars larger.

Yay! :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
stevo said:
She said the Caliber was too small for her. She likes her cars larger.

Yay! :)
So size DOES matter to women. :(

Bummer. :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've had my Caliber for almost 4 months and I love it just as much, if not more, now, as the first day I got it. Tomorrow I have to go into Houston, a trip that I used to hate with a passion, but now I look forward to it. Mine just seems to get better and better, the more miles I put on it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jongunz said:
The newness wore off for me after the first door ding. Small yet it kills the thrill of having a new car.
Hey, I've already replaced my rear bumper due to a small fender bender (see Parking Horror thread). http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609&highlight=Parking+Horror
Even with the dent in my bumper, I still wanted to drive it every second! I was even more proud when I got my car back from the auto body shop and it looked perfect again! I just got my first oil change and the auto armor put on the new bumper and pulling out of the dealership felt as exciting as it did when I drove it off the lot the first time!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am still loving my car. I am a week short of 2 months with it. It drives better as time passes(or I do?). Plus I keep adding stuff, but even if I didn't I like driving it. The musicgate is fab for trips.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speaking of Dings ! I'm in my car in a parking lot and bang the jerk next to opens the door on my car !!! I freak and get out of the car and it's a little **** kid !!! The mother gets out oHHh I'm so sorry ! Well I said if you did it you'd be paying for the touch up, but being I have kids myself I let ot slide. But what a bummer only had it a week. My explorer I had for 2 years and no marks on it at all !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'me on my second Caliber in five weeks! The first one, black, had the ability to simply disappear! The culprit turned out to be my wife who sneaked off in it every chance she got. Well, she finally just took possession and today I bought another Caliber for myself, a white one, but my newest one has MusicGate and steering wheel controls in addition to the Sirius and U-Connect I already had on the first one. Now, my wife and I are both happy Caliber owners. Which reminds me, I now have a basic REC radio for sale. My new Caliber had the REC in the dash and I wanted the 6-CD radio. Not for the CD-playing capability, but for its interactive display when working with satellite radio and U-Connect. They let me buy the 6-CD radio at deep discount including free labor to put it in and take out the REC radio. I'm now stuck with the REC radio and wonder if I could get a few bucks for it. Oh yes, I'm as excited today to drive my Caliber as the day I bought it. Oh wait, that was today!

·
Registered
371 Posts
diverrk said:
Speaking of Dings ! I'm in my car in a parking lot and bang the jerk next to opens the door on my car !!! I freak and get out of the car and it's a little **** kid !!! The mother gets out oHHh I'm so sorry ! Well I said if you did it you'd be paying for the touch up, but being I have kids myself I let ot slide. But what a bummer only had it a week. My explorer I had for 2 years and no marks on it at all !!
I taught my kids from the very beginning on how to open a door, so I have no patience with parents who's kids just swing a door into another car. But it happens all the time. When I see a car that looks like it might contain kids, I won't park next to it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love my car still, had it for about 2 to 3 months now and only have 1500 miles on it :p Anyways I told my gf that we will never have food in it til I hit a curve. And then one day I hit a curve and so we started to eat in it.

My poor poor rim :( ,but you cant notice it till you touch it

I need to wash it, do it tomorrow :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
The newness hasn't worn off yet, it's just covered in bird crap.

That's what I get for parking under a tree.:mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
We've had ours for almost 3 months now (2,800 miles). We're still excited about our new car, minus the tire blow out, cracked windshield, and missing paint on the front bumper due to someone thinking R meant drive...but all is fixed now and we're taking it on our first road trip in a couple of weeks. Finally get to try out our chill zone.

·
Registered
901 Posts
love it love it love it love it! Just rolled 6000 miles last night.

·
Registered
277 Posts
still love mine. took it in for service and by the next day i was dying to have my baby back in my driveway!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts