Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this today -

"Dear Donald,

This fall, the all-new 2007 Dodge Nitro* comes roaring around the bend. This mid-size SUV is today's ultimate technological joy ride.

The optional MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System† is one of the most sophisticated entertainment, information, and navigation systems. A 20GB hard disc drive provides ample storage for up to 1,600 songs and photos. Tune into SIRIUS® Satellite Radio for traffic updates with real-time traffic control. Factory-installed SIRUS® Satellite Radio includes a year of service provided by Dodge.

Visit dodge.com/nitro, to learn more about exciting features at Dodge.

So, my question is this - How soon can we get an adapt the MyGig radio to the Caliber? If the Nitro with the MyGig system is coming "This Fall", it seems it should be soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was at the dealer couple weeks ago bugging them about the Caliber SRT4. They had no idea what i was talkin about apparently i showed a sales guys this site. They were all impressed. but anyway, he showed me a dozen or so order slips for nitros. i even took their only broucher(sp) thing. i would consider a trade. they wanted my Caliber for used sale.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I like the design of the nitro but the caliber does what i need too well.. i have a van already for hauling so i have no use for anything larger and a lincoln for going fast so need for anything with better performance. I will be looking into the rer nav unit though. Im sure there will be ways to get it to work with the caliber.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
I was wondering this as well, because the new sebring has it, and now the nitro has the mygig as an option, so i was wondering if it could be installed into a caliber...as I am VERY interested. Are you listening DCX? That was a SUBTLE HINT!:rolleyes: Anybody know when it should be available, as the new sebring is pretty close if not available now, so it should be available soon! We just need somebody to be the guinea pig and try it!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
There was a Dodge Nitro on one of my local dealers lot, I did not have a camera though to snap a few pics. Didn't look too bad, but too large for me. Also there was a Chrysler Aspen on a different lot, that baby is nice, but huge!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't intend to start a comparison between the Caliber and the Nitro. Yes, the Nitro is cool but it's on average six thousand dollars more, larger, and has a V6. That's the size, price and gas mileage I sought to get away from when I bought the Calibers my wife and I now drive. However, the feature I most want on my Caliber is an in-dash GPS system that is hard drive or Flash Memory based, not one that uses DVD's for its map source.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
there's 2 at the dealership that we bought from....man i like it! looked really really. had some nice goodies too. slt for 23K

·
Registered
45 Posts
the new sebring will have mygig also! allpar.com has better info

"The 2007 Chrysler Sebring features a cutting-edge Harmon/Kardon information, entertainment, and safety navigation audio system that raises the bar on in-vehicle communications. This best-in-class next-generation navigation radio features a 6.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Display with a touch-screen panel that can support 65,000 colors, providing a three-dimensional appearance to graphics and animation, as well as multiple font sizes and styles. The system follows voice-activated commands and includes many new features for music, sound, movies and personalized picture displays, including:
  • A 20 gigabyte hard disc drive that includes Music Juke Box for organizing music and pictures on the hard drive
  • USB for MP3 connectivity and downloading of WMA, MP3, and JPEG files onto the hard drive
  • GraceNotes database on the hard disk drive, which provides song identification, including title, composer, artist and title
  • Playlist creation capability to provide easy access to files
  • Voice memo recording (up to 3 minutes), using the microphone integrated into the rearview mirror
  • Screen which can display movies when Sebring is stopped
  • SIRIUS® Satellite Radio, which provides customers with 100 special radio channels commercial-free, 24 hours a day
  • UConnect™ uses Bluetooth® to provide voice-activated wireless communication between compatible cell phones and the vehicle’s receiver"
allpar.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts