Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me three times now. When I'm pulling out of the parking lot at work I can't see whose coming from the left because of some bushes that are in the way. Occasionally, I find myself halfway into the turn and, sure enough, a car is coming. I go to gun it and the p.o.s. doesn't send any power. It's like it reaches 30 and that's all I get. The engine isn't even revving like it should. I have to let go of the gas and press the pedal again to get power. This is potentially a lethal problem. Anyone else have this experience. It's rare and I know that the dealer is going to say that they "cannot replicate the problem".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Perhaps its just a case of the caliber not having enough power? Otherwise you might wanna go get the dealer to do an ECU reflash. I still think its just a lack of power.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
or.. you can go below flooring it.. i got up to 50 on my test drive w.out knowing it [wasnt lookin @ the spedo because i didnt feel it] .. just hit the kick-down gear.

btw.. its accellerating..not accelletating .. lol

·
Banned
400 Posts
suzq044 said:
or.. you can go below flooring it.. i got up to 50 on my test drive w.out knowing it [wasnt lookin @ the spedo because i didnt feel it] .. just hit the kick-down gear.

btw.. its accellerating..not accelletating .. lol
Lol, like I love the way some use "loose" when it's LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
We need a spelling & grammar section.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i personally like the "Go Button"

you know, the click after u floor it:D Thats the only time it feels powerful to me, but I think it feels lacking (regular driving) because of the CVT.

·
Registered
357 Posts
there is only one "floor it" and that means completely WFO pedal to the metal, kickdown switch or not the pedal gets mashed through the floorboard ("Hit it!") :D maybe that car's throttle plate isn't opening fully or something? although it sounds like an ECU problem or something, having to release and reapply throttle to get it going. put the CVT into it's lowest gear and it will haul some okole. but I'm trying to get good mileage this tankful :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
there is only one "floor it" and that means completely WFO pedal to the metal, kickdown switch or not the pedal gets mashed through the floorboard ("Hit it!") :D maybe that car's throttle plate isn't opening fully or something? although it sounds like an ECU problem or something, having to release and reapply throttle to get it going. put the CVT into it's lowest gear and it will haul some okole. but I'm trying to get good mileage this tankful :)
hahaha!!

Don't demean ma "GOOOOOOO BUTTON!!" :eek:

It one of the few things I'm happy with;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts