Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove up to collingwood this week, saw two yellow, one blue and 4 red calibers on the way up (1.5hr trip).... dealers in ON must be getting their fair share, although our neighbors just bought a vibe since no dealer in their area could find a caliber for them to test drive.... they are all in wassaga beach i guess lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
well, at my job, there are:
1 black sxt
2 silver sxt (1 mine)
1 sunburst orange

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just can't find a 5-Speed with the options I want. I was looking at the online inventorys and one dealer had 17 in stock and another had 40. The one that had 40 (Dixie Road) had ONE 5-Speed, and it was white.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tigerr said:
I just can't find a 5-Speed with the options I want. I was looking at the online inventorys and one dealer had 17 in stock and another had 40. The one that had 40 (Dixie Road) had ONE 5-Speed, and it was white.
the one closest to me on mavis had a few (lot just opened a month or so ago) but it looked pretty bare on calibers the last time i was by a week or so ago... haven't driven by the dixie one in a while, they have a small lot, suprised they could fit 40 in the back in addition to their extra models.

Dixie and the automall (both the same owner) are "tools" from when i spoke to them, if i buy and SRT4 it will be from guelph or the one on mavis which i haven't checked out yet to see how they are

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
Dixie and the automall (both the same owner) are "tools" from when i spoke to them, if i buy and SRT4 it will be from guelph or the one on mavis which i haven't checked out yet to see how they are
The one on Mavis is the one that was in the Automall. They moved to their new "modern facilities".

The dealer in the automall is now a used car lot.

"Barry and Brenda Gray" seem to have a ton of dealerships. I don't trust that guy, just from his pictures in car ads. He's got that 80's "Imma Gonna Screw You Good!" look with that big smile and pointing finger :)

Any surprise I got the car from them? aiiee! I did like the sales guy though, he knew a fair bit about the car beyond whats in the brochure, and didn't seem like he was screwing me TOO bad. Just a little.. :) He also let me take the car out on the 401. **NO** other dealer I spoke to would even consider that.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Went to Toronto and back last week and only saw two. One on Kingston Road in ScarBEERia and the second on the off ramp at Hyw 45. At least 5 in town I see almost daily. Population 3500.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Principal said:
The one on Mavis is the one that was in the Automall. They moved to their new "modern facilities".

The dealer in the automall is now a used car lot.

"Barry and Brenda Gray" seem to have a ton of dealerships. I don't trust that guy, just from his pictures in car ads. He's got that 80's "Imma Gonna Screw You Good!" look with that big smile and pointing finger :)

Any surprise I got the car from them? aiiee! I did like the sales guy though, he knew a fair bit about the car beyond whats in the brochure, and didn't seem like he was screwing me TOO bad. Just a little.. :) He also let me take the car out on the 401. **NO** other dealer I spoke to would even consider that.
hmmm so that mavis one is them too eh? not so sure i will bother going there then, but it all depends on the sales person you get... sounds like you did alright, which is good

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
hmmm so that mavis one is them too eh? not so sure i will bother going there then, but it all depends on the sales person you get... sounds like you did alright, which is good
The people behind it own quite a few. At the autoshow last spring, I spoke with one of the guys, and he said there were eight in total.

I think I did pretty good for a first time buyer. Learned a couple lessons that I'll apply to my next purchase. It seems the sales people are ok, it's those back office people you've gotta be weary of.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had my Caliber for 3 months now, and I've only seen 2 others. 1st was a black one in Seal Beach, and the other day I saw a silver one going down the road past my house. The silver one REALLY looked nice. (and I don't care for silver cars!) They had painted the black plastic bits on the roof the same as the car, so the only black part was the piece the 3rd brake light is on. Looked excellent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have seen more than a few in the Burlington area. In fact, parked next to an identical silver one on the weekend at BestBuy. Only difference was he had the shnazzy gas cap that I didn't get.

·
Registered
37 Posts
there's plenty here in N.B, the dealers still cant keep up with the demand. There's 3 at my workplace, and only about 30 people work here.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Calibers are all over the place it seems. There's three in my apartment buildings garage, two here at work. There's two more in the grocery store across the street on a regular basis.

While I was in Calgary, I saw a few every day.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm starting to see more and more pop up here in Montgomery County, MD. Two days ago I was driving home during my usual commute and saw a silver SXT fly by me while merging onto the interstate. Of course I sped up to catch up with them and take a closer look. Then 15 minutes later I spotted a black R/T on the opposite side of the road right before I made it home. I got VERY jealous because it looked exactly like the one I have on order. But it felt good to see the car that I'm obsessed about on the roadways. I think more and more people will start to take notice in the next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts