Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Yesterday my Caliber broke down on the side of the highway. I was driving and it dies on me. Pulled off to the side, tried to start, got nothing. A friend showed up and we tried to crank again and the engine made a grinding noise for one crank only. Ever since then when the key is turned to start it simply does absolutely nothing. Lights come on in the cluster, exterior lights work with one exception. When the vehicle is shifted to reverse (manual trans), the reverse lights do not come on. I know they worked before this issue started. Also, when the key is turned to on, i do not hear the fuel pump as I should. I went to the junkyard and got an ECM, swapped it, no luck. Tried jumping it, no luck. Left the battery on 2 amp charge for 12 hours, no luck. I also took the spark plugs and coils out and sent an inspection camera in the engine through each cylinder and there is no loose metal or signs of damage. If anyone can help lead me in the right direction id appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

Yesterday my Caliber broke down on the side of the highway. I was driving and it dies on me. Pulled off to the side, tried to start, got nothing. A friend showed up and we tried to crank again and the engine made a grinding noise for one crank only. Ever since then when the key is turned to start it simply does absolutely nothing. Lights come on in the cluster, exterior lights work with one exception. When the vehicle is shifted to reverse (manual trans), the reverse lights do not come on. I know they worked before this issue started. Also, when the key is turned to on, i do not hear the fuel pump as I should. I went to the junkyard and got an ECM, swapped it, no luck. Tried jumping it, no luck. Left the battery on 2 amp charge for 12 hours, no luck. I also took the spark plugs and coils out and sent an inspection camera in the engine through each cylinder and there is no loose metal or signs of damage. If anyone can help lead me in the right direction id appreciate it greatly.
Check the starter solenoid under the hood and the break light sensor on brake pedal I fix a charger and Cadillac with this problem no Guarantee but it’s worth a shot. Brake light is a indicator if you have headlight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts