Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else besides me notice on the R/T the front end when going across bumps in the road, or across railroad tracks etc, sounds like its bottoming out, and slight knocking noise but you can feel it in the stering wheel, My car has done it from the get go, since I bought it, Im fixing to take back to dealership to find if its normal, on th R/T, I don't think it is

I wanted to see if any one else is having same issue????

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i have an sxt with the exact same issue you are talking about. i am going to call my dealer as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boostdog said:
i have an sxt with the exact same issue you are talking about. i am going to call my dealer as well.
Let me know what they say , and I will let you know what they say about mine

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Liberty's just got a recall on them something about the Ball joints installed wrong, So Im going to the Dealer this week to get it checked
I want everything to be right befor I go to Air Susp soon

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have been noticing it in mine (SXT) in the past couple of days. It did it 2 or 3times tonight just driving a couple of miles home. I thought I broke something , but it just sounds like somethings bottoming out or clunking in my front suspension...not so much in the rear, but I hear it back there too.

let me know what the dealers say about you guys' cars...so I can know what kind of results to expect from my dealer about mine. Im going to wait till I get the call back about them fixing my chipping paint before I take it up there...unless it gets alot worse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same issue with the front end. Almost feels like something is broken, just doesnt feel right. Had the dealership check it out while getting an oil change and the roof rattle resolved. They came up blank on the front end so far. I said I would continue to drive it but will probably be back again. I have owned 15 vehicles in my lifetime so far. 7 were brand new from dealerships and unfortunately I have never had to take a vehicle back to the dealership so many times for various issues. I'm still happy with the car and for the most part every item gets resolved on the first or second trip however its still very disappointing. This is however the first time I bought a first model year vehicle and I must say I will never do it again.

·
Registered
371 Posts
SXT with no problems whatsoever. I drive over lots of bumps and R/R crossings, not a peep out of mine.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
July 28th build date... no noises but some bumpsteer and what feels like a out of balance tire at 75-80MPH

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am not having the noise from front. BUt I keep having the same rattle from the exhaust in the back end. I took it in three times now. All three times it was an exhaust bracket that keeps coming off. Today is the 4th time back for this. I am going to demand a new exhaust system.

This would not have pissed me off so bad except that I have to drive 130 miles round trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I hear a knocking in my suspension as well, mostly from the rear though. I have torn the car apart, and tightend/cushioned everything that I found loose (mostly bumper plastics) and I still have it. I have gone underneath, and shook the hell out of everything I could get my hands on, bounced up and down, to and from like a monkey in his cage in the rear, and cannot replicate it, it's only while driving over bumps/rough pavement.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I get the "clunk" as I call it sporadically over well placed bumps. It sounds like the suspension giving all of the way to me. Not sure if it matters, but I've only noticed it during colder weather (not in OK, but now I have in ND).

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
holy four year old thread revival

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Noises?? We don't hear no steenking noises!

07 R/T..mine's been clunking over small bumps and grinding and wheezing...for 3 years now. Front shocks/struts bottom out with a small thud every dip in the road. They've replaced tie-rods,control arms etc... It sounds basically the same. I'm quite sure its the struts bottoming out, but they won't replace them. Drives great except for the noises.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rear Toe Links..

I hear a knocking in my suspension as well, mostly from the rear though. I have torn the car apart, and tightend/cushioned everything that I found loose (mostly bumper plastics) and I still have it. I have gone underneath, and shook the hell out of everything I could get my hands on, bounced up and down, to and from like a monkey in his cage in the rear, and cannot replicate it, it's only while driving over bumps/rough pavement.
If you still have the car, get the dealer to check the rear toe links. Really helped my rear end..and my car's rear end too!:jester:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
you guys really need to look at the dates the above posts were posted

THEIR OVER FOUR YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubt you will get a reply...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts