Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found out that my car is arriving next week!!!! I'm very excited. The only "problem" is that they accidentally put uconnect in it. Which is great because they are not charging me for it.

Now since I found this out i've upgraded my cell phone the the sony ericsson W810 Bluetooth / MP3 phone.

My question is: Will the MP3s transmit through the bluetooth?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously.... has no one else tried this yet???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Will the MP3s play though a Bluetooth headset? Take it to the place you got your phone. I'm sure they can test it out with a Bluetooth headset there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, after a few minutes of Googling it looks like it is not possible as of yet. Not just for the UConnect, but any MP3 over Bluetooth doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You would think its gotta be possible though. Just likely locked out by mobile providers. It wouldnt require OBEX or anything to make it work being only streaming audio pretty much the same as a phone call. Ill have to see if i can get it to work with my xv6700 it being a pda phone gives me a ton of flexability.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Fingernipp said:
You would think its gotta be possible though. Just likely locked out by mobile providers. It wouldnt require OBEX or anything to make it work being only streaming audio pretty much the same as a phone call. Ill have to see if i can get it to work with my xv6700 it being a pda phone gives me a ton of flexability.
It's not a matter of it being locked out by providers. It's more that it is a limitation of the bluetooth profiles on the phone itself. It might be possible to hack it (although a huge effort, and a large waste of time). It probobly wont happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
thats what i mean by locked out. Just as with many other bluetooth profiles we wish they included. Most of it is actually there and available with a simple seem edit or registry tweek. It cant be to difficult seeing how many phones will already play a mp3 ringtone over bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
after some looking around i discovered bluetooth profile A2DP is available on my phone. Just check and see if you have it and your set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so what you are saying... is the CAR is capable of it.... I don't really car about the phone. I can buy a new phone if need be

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Airik said:
so what you are saying... is the CAR is capable of it.... I don't really car about the phone. I can buy a new phone if need be
Ill find out tommorow when i pick mine up :) I would hope they made the uconnect system A2DP compatable given its price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soon i will know what it feels like to "pick my car up tomorrow"

One more week :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts