Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fix for the back of the car? I know a lot of people get annoyed when they do have something in the back. (Groceries, Cooler, stroller, etc.) It slides around like crazy! Is there anything short of carpet that can fix this issue? Has anyone had any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Serantos said:
Does anyone have a fix for the back of the car? I know a lot of people get annoyed when they do have something in the back. (Groceries, Cooler, stroller, etc.) It slides around like crazy! Is there anything short of carpet that can fix this issue? Has anyone had any ideas or suggestions?
not sure of the exact item number, but ebay had a carpet that was cut just for the caliber fit perfect, and looked good too

·
Registered
384 Posts
I bought this tote from my dealer for $25.

I saw them on ebay and also at this site: https://www.dodgeparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/2064?osCsid=4516651753e4ff233c062302b0081ac7
Just search for Dodge Cargo Tote

They also collapse very easily when not in use.

You can get them for cheaper like at Target but I don't know if they are as nice. The Dodge ones are good because they have little rubber nibs on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. Cheaper ones have velcro which would do nothing in the back of the Caliber, unless you also added the pre-cut carpet like someone mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have an old but nice quilt that I put down for my Shelties - easy to place and remove, cheap, etc. It can be simply spread out or limited to whatever area of seating or space accomodation the caliber is adjusted to at the moment. It also keeps anything placed on it (groceries, lawn chairs, etc) from sliding around or scratching the car's plastic. Last Tuesday, I transported quite an arsenal of automatic and other and other weaponry, ammo, special gear, etc out to the range that way with no problems at all.

I've also been thinking of getting one of those "organizer"-type devices made for trunks or open spacesin vehicles, and maybe cutting a custom piece of carpet for the entire area regardless.

But for now, the quilt works just fine...

·
Banned
76 Posts
Harley said:
I have an old but nice quilt that I put down for my Shelties - easy to place and remove, cheap, etc. It can be simply spread out or limited to whatever area of seating or space accomodation the caliber is adjusted to at the moment. It also keeps anything placed on it (groceries, lawn chairs, etc) from sliding around or scratching the car's plastic. Last Tuesday, I transported quite an arsenal of automatic and other and other weaponry, ammo, special gear, etc out to the range that way with no problems at all.

I've also been thinking of getting one of those "organizer"-type devices made for trunks or open spacesin vehicles, and maybe cutting a custom piece of carpet for the entire area regardless.

But for now, the quilt works just fine...
No private citizen should be in possesion of any automatic weapons. Lets have a large round of applause for gun controls.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Reactions: SRT4SMACK

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found some material at a fabric store that works great. It is thin rubber backing for rugs. I bought a meter of it for $6 canadian and cut it to fit the back. Nothing slides around on it at all. Color is black but I think they have grey as well. Works for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts