Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I just phoned the Canadian customer assistance number to have my VON tracked. They can't seem to do it (or won't do it) they only refer me to the dealer. So I call the 1-800 992 1997 number in the U.S. A very nice fellow tells me my car passed edit on Jube 5. So I'm thinking great wont be too long. Then I ask when the dealer submitted the order. He tells me June 5th. I put my down payment on the car and have a receipt dated MAY 3rd. So the dealer waited over a month to put in my paper work. I think I'm going in for a refund today unless the dealer gives me some very good reasons as to why the couldn't order my car immediately. Oooooh I'm smoking now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hmm.. maybe your dealer just didn't get allocation until then?

That would mean, he submitted the order but it wasn't accepted until later when his dealership got allocation for the car?

I do hope the delay was for a good reason!

If not, maybe you can still keep your order with them but demand a discount or extras or something?

·
Registered
81 Posts
lebowski1 said:
whats the rush? you could go faster in a 1984 omni. If I were you I'd get a refund any way you can and get a better car.
Attention Members: Please Don't Feed the Trolls....Thanks:eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
lebowski1 said:
whats the rush? you could go faster in a 1984 omni. If I were you I'd get a refund any way you can and get a better car.
Maybe you haven't realized this yet... not all people buy a car to be able to go fast. I rarely even push the Caliber past 4k RPM and I'm very happy with it. Get's me to from A to B with reliability and gas mileage.

kaptain, sorry to hear about your dealer issues, maybe katiescaliber is right....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just came from the dealer. As I suspected, they claim to have put the order in back in May but Chrysler didn't accept it till June 5. THey are guessing first week of Sept which I think is optimistic. They are going to search their upcoming dealer order and see if they can find one similiar to mine. The problem is that their fleet guy tends to order RT's with sunroof and 6 disc stereo and no leather. I want no sun roof , no 6 disc (need the single cd with input) and yes to leather. I said if they can't find me one very similiar to my special order I want my money back. I'm not waiting till October. Then Ill drive over to Honda and immediately buy a Civiv LX (off the lot this time) save 2,000 bucks and get better mileage. I still might buy a Caliber next year when there's hopefully a diesel in Canada.

·
Registered
86 Posts
kaptain said:
Just came from the dealer. As I suspected, they claim to have put the order in back in May but Chrysler didn't accept it till June 5. THey are guessing first week of Sept which I think is optimistic. They are going to search their upcoming dealer order and see if they can find one similiar to mine. The problem is that their fleet guy tends to order RT's with sunroof and 6 disc stereo and no leather. I want no sun roof , no 6 disc (need the single cd with input) and yes to leather. I said if they can't find me one very similiar to my special order I want my money back. I'm not waiting till October. Then Ill drive over to Honda and immediately buy a Civiv LX (off the lot this time) save 2,000 bucks and get better mileage. I still might buy a Caliber next year when there's hopefully a diesel in Canada.
Dude, I WANT you to go buy a Civic. Leave now!:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
i'd go for the diesel... well, i go for the diesel.... getting it next week.....

sorry to hear about the delay.... i could not bear waiting that long as well...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another possible reason for the discrepancy in the dates could be that when Dodge switched over to the 2007 model year programing they automatically updated everyone's order to show order on 6/5/06. My Caliber (ordered at the dealership on 4/22/06) was showing ordered on 5//1/06 when we first started calling Customer Service, then it switched to 6/5/06 shortly after the change.

You could always try Customer Service again and ask them to look for your order under the 2006 model year and see if the order shows on an earlier date.

·
Registered
911 Posts
kaptain said:
:mad: I just phoned the Canadian customer assistance number to have my VON tracked. They can't seem to do it (or won't do it) they only refer me to the dealer. So I call the 1-800 992 1997 number in the U.S. A very nice fellow tells me my car passed edit on Jube 5. So I'm thinking great wont be too long. Then I ask when the dealer submitted the order. He tells me June 5th. I put my down payment on the car and have a receipt dated MAY 3rd. So the dealer waited over a month to put in my paper work. I think I'm going in for a refund today unless the dealer gives me some very good reasons as to why the couldn't order my car immediately. Oooooh I'm smoking now.
This means you had to wait for a dealer allocation. The dealer really did order the car on May 3rd like you said. Until the dealer got an allocation, the order will NOT go through, but rather just sit in the computer. The dealer did nothing wrong here....

They got an allocation for your Caliber in June, which is why it shows as being ordered in June.

My order was the same way. The salesman ordered it right in front of me on May 1st. The dealer didn't get allocation for any Calibers in May, but in June they did so my order went through on June 5th. So it just appears that they dealer ordered my Caliber on June 5th, when in fact they really did order it on May 1st.

Its just the way it works dude. I wouldn't cancel your order unless you see one you like on a dealer lot. Like I said, the dealer did nothing wrong there and waiting is out of their hands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
This means you had to wait for a dealer allocation. The dealer really did order the car on May 3rd like you said. Until the dealer got an allocation, the order will NOT go through, but rather just sit in the computer. The dealer did nothing wrong here....

They got an allocation for your Caliber in June, which is why it shows as being ordered in June.

My order was the same way. The salesman ordered it right in front of me on May 1st. The dealer didn't get allocation for any Calibers in May, but in June they did so my order went through on June 5th. So it just appears that they dealer ordered my Caliber on June 5th, when in fact they really did order it on May 1st.

Its just the way it works dude. I wouldn't cancel your order unless you see one you like on a dealer lot. Like I said, the dealer did nothing wrong there and waiting is out of their hands.
In hindsight I think your probably right orangecaliber. I just wish the dealer would have told me that this was the case. It makes me wonder how many of us forum members are salivating at the thought that they ordered on such and such a date and that their Caliber is close at hand and then find out that the car was really ordered 4-5 weeks later. Here I was thinking that its early May and even if this whole order routine takes extra long, I'll have my car in late July. Now I can't see a reasonable chance of before Oct. If I can get my down payment back (even thought I got the car for cost which is rare for a Caliber) I think I might get me a Civic and buy a Caliber next year when they aren't so freaking back ordered and in demand. This is the second time I have special ordered a car and neither experience is turning out to be very favorable.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Its strange how the dealer didn't notify you of that. The first thing my salesman told me is that he'd have to see if he got an allocation for the month of May for a Caliber. He notified me about a week after I ordered that he didn't get one for May and that he'd call me a few days after June 1st to tell me if it did or didn't get one for June, which he did. Perhaps you can find one elsewhere like you want?

I have a feeling that this back order thing to fall right into next year. I feel really bad for anyone who has just ordered a Caliber right now. I'm glad I got mine in when I did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts