Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Caliber didn't come equipped with any "oh $#!+ handles" in it. I'm fairly certain that the mounts are in the car, behind the headliner. All I need to do is get a set of handles, some screws, and mount them. The good news is, the local junkyard has a Dodge Caravan with a grey interior that has a full set of handles. All I need to know, before I go get them (this is a self service junk yard) is what is the screw hole spacing on the Caliber's handles. It's rather not pull the headliner just to find out, especially if the Caravan's handles won't fit.

Can someone with the handles in their car measure the distance between the screw holes on the handles? There should be a pop-off cap covering the screws and all the handles should be the same size, so only one measurement would be needed. I'd like to pull the ones out of the Caravan if they'll fit.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks like about 7" I did not pull the pop-off cap but it should be close enough to figure out if the Caravan unit will fit.

Do you have the SE?

It appears that they are standard on SXT and RT models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Micheal,

We can meet somewhere and you can check the stuff yourself if you would like, just let me know.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm on leave right now, so my schedule is pretty much open. Let me know what's a good time and place (I'm sure I know where you live). I will be on Ramstein tomorrow (Teusday) to check mail (I'm waiting for parts for my Nissan). PM me if you want my handy#.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HSKR said:
Mine only has one on the passenger side. SXT here.
None for the rear seats? My Nissan has three handles, for all but the driver.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My SXT has 3 as well, sorry didn't check this post till today, maybe sometime this weekend or later this week sound good?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Michael K. said:
None for the rear seats? My Nissan has three handles, for all but the driver.
I don't sit in te rear so really never paid attention. Car is at the dealer in Sa Diego and I'm in Fresno now, so can't look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts