Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do all my own maintenence. I can't find anyone who sells a oil filter for the 2.0 except the dealer. Do I need to go to the dealer to get a oil filter? I'd rather have a Wix. Bob

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well, I guess so. Everybody else is doing the same thing. Maybe the filter is proprietary...?

·
Registered
911 Posts
OMG!!! If someone posts another god damn thread about oil filters I'm gonna scream! This question has been asked like 10,000 times on this forum! USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
OMG!!! If someone posts another god damn thread about oil filters I'm gonna scream! This question has been asked like 10,000 times on this forum! USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!!!! :mad:
I did use the search. There was a lot of discussion, but no answer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Maybe someone should buy a filter from the dealer and take it into a parts store and try to cross it with another filter by size and looks. I was able to find an alternate slightly larger oil filter for my Dakota by doing this. There's only so many designs of an oil filter, and a lot of different cars share the same thread size and mounting surface size. The onlything that might be different is the length. Havn't crawled under mine yet to see what it looks like, and since I get free oil changes for the first year from my dealer, probably won't be doing it anytime soon.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Big Bob said:
I did use the search. There was a lot of discussion, but no answer.
Then probably nobody knows!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts