Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SE a couple of days ago and then started to read these and other Dodge forums. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do as I have seen a lot of posts concerning problems with their new Calibers.

Have any of you had a completely trouble free time with your new Calibers or can I expect a few teething troubles with mine when I pick it up in two weeks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
all brand new cars have some issues, especially the first run. Keep in mind that all these issues (pinging, armrest etc.) have been fixed via TSB for the early builds and now come ready to go from the factory as they'll implemented the patches on the more recent builds.

I don't think many of the problems being reported are on models built after the 2006.5 to 2007 switchover
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Speedy said:
I ordered my SE a couple of days ago and then started to read these and other Dodge forums. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do as I have seen a lot of posts concerning problems with their new Calibers.

Have any of you had a completely trouble free time with your new Calibers or can I expect a few teething troubles with mine when I pick it up in two weeks?
Welcome to the forums Speedy!

The Caliber is a good solid car, unfortunately some of us do have problems. I've had the TSB (F29 recall) performed for pinging, or knocking , or whatever it is doing, and my car is no better than it was the day before the F29 recall. Since then, it's been back on 3 more occassions. That's why I have filed a Lemon Law suit against Damlier Chrysler. But you may get a "good one", who knows? But I can tell you, it's a nice car, minus the problems. Good luck with yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Speedy said:
I ordered my SE a couple of days ago and then started to read these and other Dodge forums. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do as I have seen a lot of posts concerning problems with their new Calibers.

Have any of you had a completely trouble free time with your new Calibers or can I expect a few teething troubles with mine when I pick it up in two weeks?
My advise would be to thouroughly inspect the car (take it for a reasonable test drive) before you drive it off the lot and home with you. Look for the things that may have been discussed here. Unfortunately buying a car can be like getting in a bad marriage without really getting to know the person well enough . . . well . . . maybe not exactly like that. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Hi Speedy :D

I've got the now legendary 'Caliber Click' on mine, but I'm hoping that my dealer is going to sort it out for me. I just hope that they've got some new exhausts in stock over here!!

There is always going to be a few teething probelms with a new model but as long as they are sorted out I won't have an issue.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
StephenM UK said:
Hi Speedy :D
There is always going to be a few teething probelms with a new model but as long as they are sorted out I won't have an issue.
Bingo! Those are key words my friend, key words!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the replies chaps. I guess I am just being a bit cautious at the moment. I work at Fords in Dagenham Essex and because of the discounts I can get, have been driving Ford cars for the last 12 years or so. After going to the Motor Show in London a few weeks back and seeing my first Caliber, I just had to have one. I have gone for the SE 2.0ltr Diesel in Sunburst Orange (well, I don't wish to be noticed :)) and cannot wait to get my hands on it and my ass in it.

Btw.....Anyone know where I can get some mats and the cargo mat from in the UK? I tried Mopar but they don't ship outside of the US :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Speedy said:
Cheers for the replies chaps. I guess I am just being a bit cautious at the moment. I work at Fords in Dagenham Essex and because of the discounts I can get, have been driving Ford cars for the last 12 years or so. After going to the Motor Show in London a few weeks back and seeing my first Caliber, I just had to have one. I have gone for the SE 2.0ltr Diesel in Sunburst Orange (well, I don't wish to be noticed :)) and cannot wait to get my hands on it and my ass in it.

Btw.....Anyone know where I can get some mats and the cargo mat from in the UK? I tried Mopar but they don't ship outside of the US :rolleyes:
ebay is your best friend when no one else is...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
HI speedy! Welcome


I have had my Cali a little over a month now and have had 0 problems with it. *knocks on wood*


Hope you will end up loving the cali as much as we do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Speedy said:
Cheers for the replies chaps. I guess I am just being a bit cautious at the moment. I work at Fords in Dagenham Essex and because of the discounts I can get, have been driving Ford cars for the last 12 years or so. After going to the Motor Show in London a few weeks back and seeing my first Caliber, I just had to have one. I have gone for the SE 2.0ltr Diesel in Sunburst Orange (well, I don't wish to be noticed :)) and cannot wait to get my hands on it and my ass in it.

Btw.....Anyone know where I can get some mats and the cargo mat from in the UK? I tried Mopar but they don't ship outside of the US :rolleyes:
Shouldn't your local Dodge dealer be able to provide things like that?
I'm going to get a cargo mat (mopar part) together with my Caliber (if I'd ever get that car though :rolleyes: ).

Ebay doesn't really help yet, unless you buy overseas, which again might not be the cheapest solution due to shipping fees and VAT and things!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
+8k miles... had slight knock, and F29 took care of it. Back window washer started leaking again, but I'll wait for offical fix before taking it in. Other than that, no issues!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
We had our caliber for no more than a week, when we had a loud hissing sound and it ended up being a loose heat sheild but it was fixed in a few hours and now everything is Great...We Love It!
BLACK R/T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I've had mine almost 3 months now and have not had any problems, I did learn that they are serious about the whole making sure the gas cap in closed tight thing. One time it wasn't and the light came on and dinged and I was so worried something was wrong so we pulled over and looked at the manual and checked the cap. Once tightened the light went off shortly after and we were good to go. We've taken it from SC to KY, literally over the rivers, through the woods and up and down the mountains and it was great. Just make sure when you take delivery that you get what you want, everything is explained to you and you check it all out first.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Dodgy said:
We had our caliber for no more than a week, when we had a loud hissing sound and it ended up being a loose heat sheild but it was fixed in a few hours and now everything is Great...We Love It!
BLACK R/T
Hmmm, I bet that's exactly what my problem is. But my dealer has yet to fix it, simple as it may be. As a result... they're going to court. Why? Simple, because I traveled a total of 1400 unnecessary miles, wasted lots of money on EXPENSIVE GAS, and missed days of work, not to mention dragging my then sick 2 year old son in hot 100 plus degree weather. But did I mention the problem wasn't fixed yet? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Speedy said:
Btw.....Anyone know where I can get some mats and the cargo mat from in the UK? I tried Mopar but they don't ship outside of the US :rolleyes:
There is a UK accessories catalogue which is should be available from your dealership that shows the mats that are available :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Speedy said:
I ordered my SE a couple of days ago and then started to read these and other Dodge forums. I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do as I have seen a lot of posts concerning problems with their new Calibers.

Have any of you had a completely trouble free time with your new Calibers or can I expect a few teething troubles with mine when I pick it up in two weeks?
One month and 1500 miles of wory free driving for me. Haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Once the engine breaks in and my MPG starts going up, and the back leaky windshield washer is fixed, I will ecstatic with my purchase. Right now, I'm just "happy". :)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top