Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in yesterday to look at the pinging issue which seems to be a problem across the board but nothing is in the dealer system on it. So they said that was normal. I also said the chill zone dorr won't stay open, they couldn't get it to close... so I am 0 for 2. They did manage to fix my pulling to the right and did the recall but that was it.
I guess I'll just have to sit & wait it out...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Blewiz2 said:
I took my car in yesterday to look at the pinging issue which seems to be a problem across the board but nothing is in the dealer system on it. So they said that was normal. I also said the chill zone dorr won't stay open, they couldn't get it to close... so I am 0 for 2. They did manage to fix my pulling to the right and did the recall but that was it.
I guess I'll just have to sit & wait it out...
The exhaust ping seems to get fixed depending on how much work your dealer wants to do... I figure mine will give me the song and dance about "normal" as well... but then again, once I get my free oil change and recall done, I will be going elsewhere.. (and I am waiting for the Magnaflow catback to replace my exhaust anyway).. I had to mod my chill zone with velcro so I won't bother them with that...

·
Banned
400 Posts
What's up guys, I had my chillzone door fixed when I went in for my oil change and F29 recall. I don't know what they did, but it stays open when I pull the door up now. BTW, blewiz, what did they do to fix the "pulling to the right" problem?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm taking mine in on tues. for the F29 recall. When I made the appointment, I told the service guy about the (Caliber click) pinging. He acted like he'd never heard of it, even though I've been there 4 times complaining about it. Since then, I've been printing out every bit of info from all the posts concerning this issue. Well maybe not every bit, since this is quite a popular subject. Other than the click, I don't have any other problems with mine, it's damn near perfect! I'll let you know what happens after I take it in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STEELBLueCALI said:
What's up guys, I had my chillzone door fixed when I went in for my oil change and F29 recall. I don't know what they did, but it stays open when I pull the door up now. BTW, blewiz, what did they do to fix the "pulling to the right" problem?
They just did an alignment... mine pulled to the right real bad and they felt it when they drove it.
I'll have to watch the chill zone door, otherwise I'll be using velcro as well...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are these the "1st year bugs?" Are they working these things out for cars being built now?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't know about 'first year bugs' but they're working them out. Every new car I've bought has had minor issues like this, not just first year models. So far the Caliber has not has any major issues.

The only issue that remains with mine is the engine pinging. The F29 update was supposed to also fix this issue. It did not. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. They are very good about contacting DCX and getting things resolved.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got back from the dealership, had the F29 recall done. While I was there, I showed the service guy all of the printouts I had concerning the "Caliber click". He was actually excited to get them, and said that he would show them to the district supervisor, and he said there should be no problem getting the new exhaust, he'll let me know. So thanks to everyone who wrote about the ping, or click, I might get this resolved after all! And a special thanks to Huff- I printed out his service invoice, that really got a reaction!:D Again, thanks to everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts