Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I guess you can say I am not very observant with somethings. Today I was putting on my new rear splash guards when I noticed (what I thought was the gas tank) this BIG HUGE ASS silver muffler thing??:eek: What the hell is that for? Why is it so damm BIG? I almost put my car on the lift at work a took the sawzall to it.:rolleyes: I cannot believe how big that thing is. I was so close to cutting it off, it was'nt funny. I am not sure what stopped me. I have got to get rid of that thing quick, I am not gonna be able to sleep at night.:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I originally thought the same thing. Thought it was the gas tank!!! Memories of the Old Pinto's with the bomb in the back, then I realized it was the muffler. I am about ready to remove it also. It is also supposed to weigh a ton.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
256 Posts
There was a thread a while back about painting it black with BBQ paint. I think it would look better. Won't do much for the added weight though...

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I say take some pics after you chop it!:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously, someone already mentioned it weighed quite a bit, and looks 100% better with an exhaust that deletes it.:cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Paint it. BBQ black, flat. Done. Choking performance on a 4 cyl? Not a hell of a lot to choke, IMHO!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I also painted mine with flat black BBQ paint. From behind the car, you can't even see it anymore.

Here's an idea of what the drivers behind me see:

And here's an up-close shot:

This mod takes a total of about 5 miutes, a little longer of you feel like masking of the surrounding area, which I didn't.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i am going the other way....i am having it chrome dipped.....just another piece of bling..........OH YA!!!!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mercedes seems to have a thing about the giant mufflers and such... The M classes and such have a muffler bigger than my damn gas tank on my Wrangler! And my dad's wrangler has 3 damn catalytic converters (I think that's what they are, there's 3 expanded parts on the exhaust for no reason before the muffler! What's up with that? I dont know why they favor such a big muffler on anything. My TJ muffler is probably coming off this weekend as I'm tired of the rattling it makes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just realized that that's the muffler!:eek: All this time I too thought it was the gas tank. Unf---inbelievable! Oh well, I've lived with it this long, I guess I don't mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts