Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Options to get and not get

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  muzzysgirl 
#1 ·
Hey there everyone, I have been eye'n the Caliber for a while, constantly foolin with the car builder. I have a few questions as to what options to get and not get. Here is what I am currently thinking...

Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats - Over all leather is nicer but the question really is, is the leather trimmed bucket seats actually different then the normal cloth seats, and not just the cloth seats without the cloth and leather placed there?

AM/FM Stereo Radio w/InDash 6 Disc CD /MP3 Player - Is this worth it?

MusicGate - I figure its a must just about

SIRIUS - I drive around quite a bit and do it in long ours. Example, from Tempe to Las Vegas. I figure getting this would help make the ride not so long.

UConnect - I have never used any blue tooth equipment before so I don't really even know what this is.

Heated Front Seats - Haha, here in Arizona?

Driver Convenience Group - I must say the Compass, Temperature and Tire Pressure Monitoring sound great but how does the Tire Pressure work out? Is it acurate? if it is then I most likly will get this simply because of that.

Security Group - Should I get this one or go with a different Alarm after?

Caliber Exterior Effects - Wouldn't use the Front end Covers but the Spoiler, Fuel Filler Door and Chrome Molding look very nice.

Caliber Protection Package - I like the Door entry guards as I tend to skuff that area up quite a bit. I like the air deflector and splash guards, better floor mats are always nice but I doubt I would use them here.

Well Any input you have on these, even more so if you have one of these options, would be great.

Lux

See less See more
#2 ·
Lux782 said:
Driver Convenience Group - I must say the Compass, Temperature and Tire Pressure Monitoring sound great but how does the Tire Pressure work out? Is it acurate? if it is then I most likly will get this simply because of that.
That's the one thing I wish I optioned. As it is mine is the SXT-sport/2.0L/CVT with the base radio (it has the auxiliary jack that connects to my iPod). Sure, I would've also liked to have leather seats but didn't want to order, wait or pay that price. But I would have gladly paid for the "Driver Convenience Group" (especially for the tire monitoring thing... which I'm attempting to figure out if it can be added afterwards).

#4 ·
Regarding the UConnect...it's a great feature for those people who travel on the job..and must use their cellphone. I need it traveling around from client to client, I'm a computer network consultant...covering 3x states...my cell is ringing all the time, I travel a lot.

As most people know...some people aren't the best drivers when holding their cellphones..trying to have a conversation when driving with one hand. Rather unsafe. Not to mention..many state now are finally passing laws which prohibit use of cell phones while drives..without hands-free sets. So you have the "safety factor"..and you have the "legal factor".

The UConnect works with cell phones that have blue tooth as a feature..which most of the mid-upper range models do these days. The entry level ones you get for no additiona cost with your cellular package usually don't.

So it's basically a hands-free system for your cell phone, built into your car, able to be voice driven.

#5 ·
The 6 Disc MP3 is a must if you opt for Sirius, the base stereo does not dispaly the channel info (Station name, artist and song)

Security group is not an alarm, it is the Tonneau cover and air filtration system.

uConnect is handy as heck

Caliber Protection plan was high priced from factory, buy the pieces you like after market.

We wanted heated leather seats, we went with the soalr yellow insterts without heat, we will see if we messed up or not. I cant imagine not having the color now, love the inserts, both on seat and dash.

#11 ·
superbang said:
trust me you want the sunroof. i never thought i'd ever use one and now that i have it, i have never turned on my A/C. it is the best thing ever. nature has shown us that holes in things are better...;) and the car industry really applies that theory.
I have the sunroof as well and love it. However, I live in Phoenix and in the afternoons its too hot to have it open. When yours is open on the highway do you get bad buffeting that makes the ears ache? Mine sure does. Lowering the rear windows just a bit solves it but then the noise level goes way up.

#14 ·
Has anyone thought about using the heated seats as a back pain reducer? Both my wife and I have bad backs and we turn on the heat in the seats and "wow", feels great! It really eases the pain like a heating pad would. Its hot in Texas like it is in Arizona. If you leave the A/C on you stay cool with the heat on your lower back. Try it!

#16 ·
mr_badda_bing said:
hmmm, I got the security group and did not get an alarm, just the tonneau and filter.

<--- runs out to check the window sticker!
It's built into the keyfob... its a passive system, it arms when you hit the Lock button.

mr_badda_bing, when you click Lock, do you see a flashing red light on the dash, in the center? If so, that's the alarm system setting itself.

#18 ·
I have the heated leather seats... they were awesome this spring. Going to work out at 5 in the morning on a cold day with shorts on, its a must.

I like the security group with the tonneau cover. I find that it keeps the back a little cooler too if I have groceries there.

Sunroof is an abosolute must for me. I can have the roof open and the windows shut or just crack it open for circulation.

The one option I highly say not to get is the stupid Aluminum Chrome Clad wheels for 800 smackers. NOT WORTH IT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.