Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anybody could help me out..

Im compiling a list of order dates, and actual date of taken ownership. I also want to know order dates, and if you didn't get your car yet.

Dealers are telling people 6-8 weeks order time here in the US, and it looks like they are blowing smoke up our a**es. I can not beleive if you ORDER a damn car, why isnt it BUILT. I don't want to hear dealer allocation etc in this day and age, I can't see why they cant have your car within 4 weeks. I do beleive they still use an assembly line to build these things... You actually leave a nice deposit that they SIT on, and you have to wait 2-3 months for a car to be built. This is 2006 not f'n 1903...

I just got a call from the dealer, ordered it 4/14 and now there telling me they have no info on when it will be built. Salesman says now middle of f'n JUNE for any other info. It just an SXT with some options.. Plain Jane sxt...

Guess what.. I might just go an pull my deposit, and theres not a damn thing they can do.. I was also looking at the Dakota's, and now they pull this.. I think its time for dcx to wake up, before introducing a car like this...

Thanks for your time...
Charlie and my 2c

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I can understand you frustration, but say 1 car rolls out every 60 seconds (I believe it is less, but we will use that) that is 720 cars for a 12 hr shift. I just did a search and there is 24 dealers within 100 miles from me and that leaves 30 cars for each...now get that for nation wide. Count everyday and that sounds about the wait one would endure.

It sucks, but I guess thats what one would have to pay for a custom order. I am sure QC keeps a few too...

Just putting things into perspective, but I am a pretty patient persone myself.

Good luck...and hope you wait...if not....well I can't do anything about that...:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
We ordered an R/T on 5/1 & haven't heard anything yet. We were told they weren't sure, but estimated 8-12 weeks. I don't think they're building R/T's often at all. Were patient, but still would like it much sooner.

Just wondering how the Jeep Compass is going to do.....same plant using similar build parts. But they're adding a shift to fell demand.....don't think that's going to help though. They're already way behind the 8 ball....turning on a new vehicle line can't be good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ordered mine 5/19. No word yet on anything, I'll keep you all posted. I was told by the dealer "40-45 days" but I figure it will be quite a bit longer than that after reading the posts here. But I'm also patient. If I wanted to settle for less I would have.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well mine was ordered on March 20th and to the present date I still am waiting for the delivery..... know it's been built and shipped just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer maybe next week if I am lucky.... been without a car since Feb 20th when someone decided to relieve me of my trusty Caravan ES.

·
Registered
506 Posts
anytime anyone ever bitches about not having there car yet... i ordered mine in december... it just now got to port in baltimore... i am stationed in germany...

·
Registered
267 Posts
It will be well worth the wait, I'm sure.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ordered March 6. Was told 4-6 wks. Took delivery April 5.
I have a silver SXT w/ the 24E Sport Pkg (blue accents). Added MusicGate, Security Group, and cruise control.

It does seem that sometime in April to early May, the estimated waits started getting longer. And there seem to be more reports of problems too. (Unless more members here are just speaking up more.) In Feb-March-Apr we rarely saw reports of problems here. (Other than Harley's smiley face paint.....) Makes me wonder what's happened lately to slow things down.

Remember that it's a remodeled plant, new methods, new robotics.... Do ya think that maybe the plant is very aware of issues and perhaps has slowed things down to try to resolve the causes? Just a thought... because you know that they are very interested in getting the quality right on this car.

mudstone, its my very humble opinion that your long wait had to do with the fact that your ordered a 5-spd model, and the plant wasn't planning to start building those till a certain date (like this month). It's unfortunate the sales people you worked with did not tell you this. Setting expectations goes a long way towards customer satisfaction, as KarenH wrote in another thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mudstone said:
anytime anyone ever bitches about not having there car yet... i ordered mine in december... it just now got to port in baltimore... i am stationed in germany...
Useless Comment...

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered my SXT Sport on 4/13 and since 5/3 it has been in D status. I read on allpar.com yesterday that those who ordered the sport package have to wait longer. I think the quote was "E package orders are not moving". Anyway, my dealer says I should expect to wait until at least 6/19. :( Sucks that my first payment is 6/10.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh my gosh Beth! How can they expect you to pay on something that you don't even have? Is there anyway you can get them to not start payments until after you actually take delivery? What if something is wrong with your order or your car? I guess it isn't that big of a deal but still.

Oh and I didn't order the sport package so maybe that means my order will move faster. I wonder why the sport packages would be beind. It makes no sense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
superbang said:
no, yours is a useless comment. he's lammenting about waiting longer than most and you're criticizing.
What i asked in the first post, was dates and times. We all know he ordered a 5speed, and they just started making them. Most of everyone who posted, came back with information i was looking for. He had it shipped to a port, so i assume it went to a dealer and then to the port. So thats additional time. He would be exempt in the posting because I said i wanted times in the US, if you read what i wrote.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ordered 3/7, took delivery 4/11.
SXT (non-sport), 2.0, CVT, leather, convenience, musicgate, 6 disc.
Dealer said I was lucky I got my order in when I did, as starting in April there has been a backlog.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Katie- I went through my credit union for financing and I had to close by 5/10 to lock in my preapproval rate. Sucks really bad. LOL.
I'm calling my salesman in a bit to see if there is any update, but it's very doubtful. I have no idea why a sport would take longer than any other one. Especially if status D is supposed to mean "Firm Schedule/ All Parts Available".

·
Registered
506 Posts
I Ordered My Sxt Sport Fully Loaded Cept For Leather In December!!!! I Better Have The First One Off The Damn Line!!!!! Whyyyyyy Do I Not Have My Car Yet!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I guess I got lucky. A couple weeks ago I had gone to the dealer and asked what Calibers they had coming in soon. They mentioned one with the options I wanted will be at the dealers in the next few days. The very next day I stopped by and it had just been taken off the truck. I test drove it and bought it. They have about 4 other Calibers on the lot but mostly SE models.

I love my 2 week old Marine Blue SXT Sport, Sunroof, MusicGate and more Caliber! 350 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i was told i would take delivery no later than february 3rd it only takes an additional 3 weeks to get across the "pond" oh and BTW no need to be a dick... honestly were all here on the same grounds... A CAR i'm just really upset by the fact that i still don't have mine... and it's 6 months later... that's half a year of waiting for a car to built and delivered? something is terribly wrong with that

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Being a Dick ? No.. I asked nicely for some date and info, but I got nothing from your first post.

Your in the same boat as me. I wasns't being a dick I was replying to your post that had no useful information in it. We are all upset because DCX is blowing smoke here. I was only trying to gather information on the order/delivery times and dates, so I can put together some information for the area sales manager when I rip into him about promising delivery dates and such...

2c

1 - 20 of 36 Posts