Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered Silver R/T with leather, driver convenience group and security group on May 16. Don't all laugh at once, I'm in "D" status.

·
Registered
86 Posts
trialx said:
Ordered Silver R/T with leather, driver convenience group and security group on May 16. Don't all laugh at once, I'm in "D" status.
Hahahahahaha, "D" status :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the response i expected.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ordered mine May 19th. Silver R/T also. My dealer didn't have a VON for me as of 3 days ago, so I'm going to keep watching on this post as a backup :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RadioDude said:
I ordered mine May 19th. Silver R/T also. My dealer didn't have a VON for me as of 3 days ago, so I'm going to keep watching on this post as a backup :)
I didn't even know what the VON was until I joined this forum...3 days after ordering I called my salesman for my VON and he gave it to me. I called DC a few times for status and the last time I called I asked if my car had a VIN and they gave me that too. Don't know what it all means.

·
Registered
689 Posts
RadioDude said:
Your dealer has a VON, he is not giving it to you. You get a VON at order acceptance, doesn't mean being built or scheduled, just that factory got the order. Only takes a day or two for the VON.

·
Registered
147 Posts
ejfb said:
Your dealer has a VON, he is not giving it to you. You get a VON at order acceptance, doesn't mean being built or scheduled, just that factory got the order. Only takes a day or two for the VON.
Not so, Ordered May 1 for a marine blue R/T, just called dealer (again) & he received the VON just yesterday.

J

·
Registered
689 Posts
It takes a month and a half for the factory to acknowledge order? The VON has nothing to do with allocation, or schedule, or even build date, its just the factory acknowledging that it got the order and assigning a number to it. VON is Vehicle Order Number, VIN is Vehicle Identification Number, two different things, once you get a VIN, car is into the process, VON is just an order number.

Thats interesting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I have seen so far with the Dealers around me, certain models are produced at certain times, I even believe colours matter as well.

Like this week we will be building SE's 5 speed, then SXT 5 speed Monday - Tuesday (White) Wed - Thurs (Sunburst Orange). Next week SXT CVT and SXT Sports etc, etc

The reason is this week in around Calgary, I am noticing alot of the Dealers are getting SXT's, a few weeks ago a bunch of R/T's arrived.

If anyone who works at Bellvidere can confirm this that would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts