Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black w/gray leather. Will take 4-6 weeks.

Can't wait to do some cruisin'!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
BlackLeatherR/T said:
Black w/gray leather. Will take 4-6 weeks.

Can't wait to do some cruisin'!
Good luck. Production is about two months behind.:mad:
Congrats though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
I don't want to burst your bubble but 4-6 weeks is not very realistic. I'm at 5 weeks now and I don't even have a build date yet. Most people are waiting 8 or 9 weeks right now.

My dealer told me 4-6 weeks as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Congrats, just expect a longer time than that, unless, and right now highly unlikely, the dealer has an allocation and factory is just about ready to make a car just like yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just spoke with my dealer. He said that they are a high volume, 5-Star Dealer and they have been ordering Calibers since March and they all come in 4 1/2 to 5 weeks.

Stay tuned...

Order Date: June 16th.
2007 Caliber R/T AWD
Black w/gray Leather
Moonroof
MusicGate Sound System
18" Wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
My R/T in sunburst orange has been on order since 04 April, with no status other than released-ready for production since 03 May.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
BlackLeatherR/T said:
I just spoke with my dealer. He said that they are a high volume, 5-Star Dealer and they have been ordering Calibers since March and they all come in 4 1/2 to 5 weeks.

Stay tuned...

Order Date: June 16th.
2007 Caliber R/T AWD
Black w/gray Leather
Moonroof
MusicGate Sound System
18" Wheels
Check's in the mail and I won't co** in your mouth........The other two things they tell everybody.:eek: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
BlackLeatherR/T said:
I just spoke with my dealer. He said that they are a high volume, 5-Star Dealer and they have been ordering Calibers since March and they all come in 4 1/2 to 5 weeks.
Well, my dealer is supposed to be one of the most credited ones in NYC.... they told me 4-6 weeks... 5 weeks later it just hit D1 status... with a "????build date??????" of July 9 which would make that 9 weeks...

anyways good luck with your order..;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
I ordered mine from the "world's largest Dodge dealer", which means they allocate and sell more chrysler vehicles than any other dealer (Dave Smith Motors, www.davesmith.com), and mine is at least an 8-10 week wait. They can't even keep any of the cars they are allocated in inventory, every single one they order is sold before it hits the lot. If any dealer promises 6 weeks, they are full of it LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
It took me 9 weeks to get my ordered Cali too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Don't want to burst n e ones bubble, but Fact is w8 on a recently ordered caliber is 12-16 weeks, thats the info I am going with from checking peoples orders. I have checked ones who ordered 1 1\2 months ago, and there is still no info, When info comes up, its usually about a month and a week from then, and DCx hired 1000 employees a few weeks ago, for the caliber, and the compass I do beleive, and they are still 2mo behind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, surprise, surprise. I ordered my caliber on June 16 and my "5 Star dealer" is "tap dancing" around the fact that MAYBE it will be in by August 31st!

Lyin', misrepresenting, sales people SUCK!

Now I have to rent a car for 4 weeks until it arrives (if it does) at the tune of $900! (economy class I may add) because my current lease was up yesterday and I turned the car in.

Nice job Dodge! Can't wait till that "5 Star Dealer survey" arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
BlackLeatherR/T said:
...Now I have to rent a car for 4 weeks until it arrives (if it does) at the tune of $900! (economy class I may add) because my current lease was up yesterday and I turned the car in....
Did the dealer not tell you you could have kept your lease vehicle on a month-to-month basis??! Chrysler Financial leases will let you keep a leased vehicle longer and continue making the same payment -- as long as you make arrangements with them ahead of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Did the dealer not tell you you could have kept your lease vehicle on a month-to-month basis??! Chrysler Financial leases will let you keep a leased vehicle longer and continue making the same payment -- as long as you make arrangements with them ahead of time.
My previous lease was a Mercury product. I inquired about extending the lease for 1 more month through Ford Credit, however, Ford Credit informed me that because the Mercury lease was a RCO, they do not extend on this program.

So I'm screwed! Not happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
i jus talked to my dealer a few mins ago to ask about status of my order. He told me that orders made on true 07 models should be fairly on time and production is now beginning. I hope hes right!!! Well he did manage to give me a vin for my car already, so for that im happy. I made my order official late last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fingernipp said:
i jus talked to my dealer a few mins ago to ask about status of my order. He told me that orders made on true 07 models should be fairly on time and production is now beginning. I hope hes right!!! Well he did manage to give me a vin for my car already, so for that im happy. I made my order official late last week.
Don't believe him. You're staring at 10 weeks. "fairly" on time? They will say anything.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congrats though on the purchase!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
I can deal with 10 weeks but i may have to put some money into my beater van to make sure it lasts long enough :( Today i just got a letter from my dealership with my order invoice. It has my Vin and Von and all that to get me excited. Im guessing this is typical and not a sign that im special or the dealership is going the extra distance to please me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I ordered my SXT on June 21st, and as im told i have a true '07 and my wait is 12 wks expected, but could be longer. It has now been 6 wks and still dont have an estimated arrival date. I find it very hard to believe you have a vin number alrdy only after a week. But if so congrats man.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top