Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you Oregonians. I spent a few years living in Oregon and all of my wife's and my families live in Oregon. They all live in and around the McMinnville area (about 40mi south of Portland on 99W).

Any Caliber owners from Oregon on the board here?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I used to windsurf up there a lot... at Hood River local (and would go into Portland on the weekends). Met lots of people... mostly likely did meet any of your relatives though. Beautiful and green country up there.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salem to Hillsboro--that's not too bad of a commute. I'm guessing a large part of your commute is on I5. My father-in-law does a McMinnville to Portland commute every day.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My wife and I reside in Vancouver which we consider part of Portland. I currently work out in beaverton, hate the drive!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vancouver puts on one of the best 4th of July fireworks displays in the country.

·
Registered
129 Posts
AAAWWWWWW I LOVE Seaside for their fireworks display.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Michael K. said:
Vancouver puts on one of the best 4th of July fireworks displays in the country.
Yep and we right off hwy 14 on the hill with perfect view.

Seasides nice but I hate the traffic during any kind of event, I lived in Astoria for several years.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dakman said:
I lived in Astoria for several years.
I go there about once every decade and tour Fort Stevens. I hear they are putting some of the guns back in that place for display.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm from just north of Seattle. Saw the fireworks talk & thought I'd kick in my 2 cents. While flying back from Lake Tahoe during the night of July 4th once, I used my binoculars to view the fireworks in many communities down below from 30,000 feet. Maybe I saw the fireworks in Vancouver, Seaside & McMinnville! Who knows! Another July 4th nite, I was on a 1300 foot ridge with a spotting scope, & saw fireworks in a dozen communities(including 2 in Seattle) spread across a 50 mile region from Marysville, WA to SeaTac airport. Hey, optics are cool & RULE. Ya can even see moons circling Jupiter & galaxies 500million light years away! Really, I got more than 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Oregonians...Caliber Northwesterners on another Caliber website are thinking of having a Caliber gathering sometime in the Spring of 2007...maybe in the area of Mt. Rainier. You're all invited too. No details have been figured yet, altho one Dodge dealer is interested in hosting. Grace & peace to all... litesong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently live in Rogue River, (20 miles North of Medford) Got My Cali on Newyears Eve. I just joined the local chapter of a Car-club, Team Ascension. I plan on tossin on some 18" black rims and some Eibach springs by summer time and new black halo head-lights and black Altezza tails following my stereo and window-tint soon.

-Hennessy

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats, I see alot of Cali's around Portland/Vancouver these days. Still only seen one other SRT in the area besides mine in a year and a half now. Actually two, forgot i saw a female driving a Silver SRT like mine down in Seaside a couple weeks back while we were cruzing on Harleys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts