Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife hit black ice this afternoon and did two 360's on the freeway and went careening down the side of the highway. A firetruck on the way to an accident in front of her helped her out. The ONLY way he was able to get her out was the fact it was AWD!

No problem for me here. Just order up a bumper, squirt it Orange, and voila! instant BRAND NEW!!! At least in theory that is.......

No injury, just shaken up and really depressed wife. She hurt "her baby".

maybe now is the time for a DIFFERENT front end......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Wow, glad she is alright, that is the important thing.

You know what, I bet if it were warmer out, it would not have cracked so easy in a few of those spots...

·
Registered
253 Posts
OrangeRT said:
The wife hit black ice this afternoon and did two 360's on the freeway and went careening down the side of the highway. A firetruck on the way to an accident in front of her helped her out. The ONLY way he was able to get her out was the fact it was AWD!

No problem for me here. Just order up a bumper, squirt it Orange, and voila! instant BRAND NEW!!! At least in theory that is.......

No injury, just shaken up and really depressed wife. She hurt "her baby".

maybe now is the time for a DIFFERENT front end......
add a head light and grill you would be at 2300
as is about 1500

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If the grill and headlights took no damage you can get a bumper skin for $174 plus shipping from dodgeparts.com I would estimate $500 for paint at a bodyshop but they may give you trouble about the color.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, I'm VERY glad she is fine and with such little damage to the Caliber.

Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Vehicle damage over personal injury anyday! I've sure noticed the minimal to zero personal injuries of those that have posted with accident/collision stories. Some of the pics show some significant damage but the lack of associated injury indicates the Caliber is quite the safe car.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
ya, these bumpers crack pretty easily in the winter, especially when they touch ice/hard snow, i think all the sharp angles and the thin plastic contibute to this as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts