Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a SXT August 14 that was part of the dealers allotment , and as of last week it was still in D status as it was when we signed for it. We became tired of waiting and after searching nearby dealer inventories I couldn't find a sunburst orange without the seat inserts and with musicgate. Most other options where negotiable but we where firm on these. One week ago i was nearby the dealer and pulled in to check out the inventory as well as get a status update. I checked the 15 calibers they had in the sale lot and once again I found nothig fitting our criteria. I noticed a few in back near the service Dept so i drove back just to be nosy. I saw an orange R/T that did not have the seat inserts(didn't know they where possible with R/T) and it had musicgate! I went to my salesman and told him i may be interested but wanted to drive it home to present it to the other half of the purchasing commitee. We decided that the added $1500 got a lot of options the majority of which we liked. We picked it up that day and are very happy with it. While I had it home before buying it we found 2 chips the size of matchheads on the rear bumper that the salesman assured me would be repaired. I brought the car to the body shop the next day and the manager told me they would remove the bumper, feather out the chips,spot paint the area and clear coat the entire bumper. I asked if it would be possible to accept the chips and get a trailer hitch and wiring instead as well as a touchup paint tube. After calling the sales manager it was agreed that they would do this but i would have to install the hitch. I recieved the hitch and insalled the hitch and wiring in an hour and a half. The mopar hitch fit the R/T fine the wiring was top notch allowing it to plug in without cutting wires. The wiring ran from inside under the spare to the front of the car and plugged in under the fusebox as well as leads going to the battery. So far i have waxed the entire car, Scotch gaurded the headliner and carpet(seats where done at the dealer),undercoated the under side, put on clear door edge protectors, an fit a rubber mat for the hatch area. I plan on getting the windows tinted and put sound deadening mat in the rear and that will be the extent of the mods I will do. We have 660 miles so far and no major gripes that wouldn't exist with any car. We like everything about the car except rear view when backing and the firmer ride of the R/T. This is a great car for the money and we hope it passes the test of time. Hope everyone is as happy as we are with this car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats on getting a car you like. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah pics. What is the mileage rating on the FWD version? Is it available in a manual like the Jeep WE applications? It for some reason still is not available on the dodge website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post pics soon. The sticker lists the mileage at 27 HWY but with 2 tanks of gas we have gotten 26mpg. This will get better when we learn how to ease into takeoffs. We both have found ourselves way out front of traffic when at a light even though not trying. It is deceptively fast with the power being delivered so smooth the speed sneeks up on you. Also playing with the auto stick to learn its capability has hurt mileage. I also do about 60% hwy with stop and go mixed in. I am guessing that pure hwy will be around 29 mpg.Howw many posts before i can post pics?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
wait a sec... auto stick... 26mpg... you sure this isnt an AWD CVT car?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I haven't found anyone with the R/T FWD posting performance info. For all you new R/T FWD owners, tell us more about the performance impression, numbers to 100km if you have them, etc. It should be quicker feeling than the AWD version. If you have driven both, share the impressions...especially on the 5sp. manual.

Congrats on the new car. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ok i definetly wanna know more about the FWD version. I thought it was only avail with 5 speed. So there is a CVT FWD R/T out now too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts