Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Cool, the yellow rocks! Not a fan of the chrome stuff on the handles but the R/T is awesome! Congrats.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The chrome on the handles sort of grows on you. My wife was a bit sad that she did not get the blue, until she saw the heads turning to look at the "cute yellow car" as one older lady put it (my grandmother).

I think as soon as I get the chrome gas door on it will tie the door handles in. Wednesday is tint day!

Musicgate and 6 disch changer w/ Sirius absolutely ROCKS. I fear that I am too old because I am afraid to max the volume, 22 is as high as I have gone.

Drove it 300 miles from the dealer we went to today, drove like a dream, highway speeds with the sunroof open is very nice, not overly loud (volume level 22 was sufficient), gas mileage was 24 mpg average, not great, but respectable, speeds were anywhere from 25 to 90 (er, I mean posted leagal speed limit), autostick is a blast!

More room than I thought we would have 9 and 7 year old girls, their "stuff" (backpacks, pillows, blankets, books, and DVD players.) Chill zone worked well, except for the slider part, but I have an idea (more to come as it grows).

I will post more as I drive it more, if the wife lets me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nice to hear you liked your Caliber! :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
Here is the R/T.

WE LOVE IT.

I will get better pictures up as soon as the tint and the chrome fuel door is on.
Yellow with the black trim actually looks pretty good. Congratulations on the purchase and we look forward to hearing about your driving experience....if your wife lets you drive. In any case, we will embrace her comments as well.

I still make excuses to run out of the house...especially to get a loaf of bread (everyone hates bread) from the corner store. I found that going to the left to get to the corner store on the right usually requires me to drive an extra ten miles around the block. What a JOY! :D :D

Go have some fun!!

Tyke

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I was first able to get my wife to agree that there was a remote possibility that we could purchase a Caliber I did my best to talk her into letting me get the solar yellow, and she absolutely forbid it. Now I do not regret getting the black, in fact I think it's gorgeous; the chrome handles and trim on the doors really give it just the right touch. But I must admit, I still like the yellow! Congrats Badda!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I painted my 34 dodge, 67 corvette yellow, big mistake, bugs are attracted to it and well, they procreate on it and leave shot spots all over............no kidding........:eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mr. Tyke,
Your post reminded me of a time back in high school, many many moons ago....a friend's dad went out for a loaf of bread. never came back. when the local bakery went on strike, we thought he'd be home, but no dice!
enjoy your shopping trips.

·
Registered
311 Posts
JoeDodge said:
Mr. Tyke,
Your post reminded me of a time back in high school, many many moons ago....a friend's dad went out for a loaf of bread. never came back. when the local bakery went on strike, we thought he'd be home, but no dice!
enjoy your shopping trips.
I always find my way back home....otherwise, I would not be able to afford my favorite toy (Caliber).:D :D

...well....I'm heading out to go to the Post Office. See you all tomorrow. ;)

Tyke

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today, I was stopped 6 times by people wanting to talk about the Caliber. Seems to draw attention big time.

It is called "cute" so many times I have quit saying, "It's anything but cute!"

The Stereo in this is AMAZING, the MP3 discs seem to absoulutely have the best sound. I was a bit bummed about not having a aux jack, but after burning 6 discs with 170 songs on each, I am blown away by the sound and don't regret the choice at all.

The overall performance is great, we are headed on a road trip the end of may, going to Billings Montana, I have decided to go through West Yellowstone and up through the Gallatin Gateway through BIg Sky. (Lots of twisty turnies around the Yellowstone and Gallatin River :D )

I have gone and purchased two new cell phones that are bluetooth, I have not had time to set them up with the uConnect yet, but I am chomping at the bit to get them set!

stay tuned for more.........

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've had plenty of looks... little in the way of comments. My neighbor (below me at my aprt complex) who owns a Caddy CTS complimented it.... but that's about it.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Love he yellow. Yes, I barely get to drive our R/T as well!!!

Chrome gas cap will look good. We have ours on order (our dealer is slow). I love the chrome handles on ours. I own a GTX so I know all about chrome!

·
Registered
384 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
Today, I was stopped 6 times by people wanting to talk about the Caliber. Seems to draw attention big time.

It is called "cute" so many times I have quit saying, "It's anything but cute!"
That's because it IS cute!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No it most definatley is not!! :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes, it totally is! :p

Lets just say the cute factor (or lack thereof) is a matter of opinion! ;)

My opinion (and my sisters and moms) is that it totally is cute! My husband agrees, but he only drives muscle cars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Lets just say the cute factor (or lack thereof) is a matter of opinion! ;)
Not "cute". Let's break it down... CUTE is defined as, "delightfully pretty or dainty - contrived to charm; precious - clever. Those don't quite spark the look and feel of the Caliber. ;)

Now, if we need to put a word to the look and feel of the Caliber, then my opinion is that the word bold fits the bill. Let me break that down... BOLD is defined as, "fearless and daring; courageous; unduly forward and brazen; clear and distinct to the eye".

Bold...but not cute. :p

Opinions...everyone has one. :)
(tongue in cheek fun)

Tyke

1 - 20 of 65 Posts