Dodge Caliber Forums banner

P0300 issue

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Captaintrekk 
#1 ·
Hi new to the forum. I have an issue that we can’t figure out. 07 Dodge Caliber 2.0. 157000 miles. Driving to work one day and the car “coughed” for lack of better term. Then check engine light came on and started blinking. Was in low power mode. Got it home and parked it. Few days later pulled code and got multi cylinder misfire and cam and crack codes. Replaced the sensors but still p0300 code. Had power though. At idle check engine light goes off. When accelerate it starts blinking. I feel a misfire but can’t find it. Mechanic checked egr, coils, plugs, timing etc. said can’t find issue. Maybe computer?

#3 ·
I’m having this exact same issue... p0300 code that won’t go away. New plugs, coil packs, cam sensor, crank sensor, oil change, fuel additives... what am I missing? I assumed that it wasn’t a fuel pressure issue, since it was running pig-rich... am I assuming incorrectly? I’m not a dodge person at all, but I really want to fix this without a trip to the dealer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.