Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I have an '07 R/T Red. I bought a front bra from AutoAnything..After using it a month/5000 miles of driving I remove it while washing and notice a discoloration on the hood were the bra was:( . I went to the dealer and the person that look at it said there is nothing they can do about it. I need advice of how to procced? Anyone has run into this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
SRT4PR said:
Hello:

I have an '07 R/T Red. I bought a front bra from AutoAnything..After using it a month/5000 miles of driving I remove it while washing and notice a discoloration on the hood were the bra was:( . I went to the dealer and the person that look at it said there is nothing they can do about it. I need advice of how to procced? Anyone has run into this problem? Thanks
thats completly normal thats the reason i dont use a bra no more:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Some of that is normal fading, cover something up from the sun, and you are going to get that, but a small portion might be moisture, leave the bra off for a while and see if it gets closer to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not to mention that any fine dust or debris that gets caught under the bra will slowly screw the paint up due to fine vibrations...the bra is the equivilent of a power sander on your hood. I would either ditch the bra or leave it on forever and replace the bra every year or two.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I Have never used a bra on my cars for the fear of the same thing that happened to you........polish and wax the hood and maybe you'll be alright. But ditch the bra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments:)...I will get rid of the bra or Ebay..Use a good wax a see what happen.
Another thing I run into were my fog lamps. They got damage really fast (cracked:mad:) and I will replace them out of pocket expense. I did not know how fragile the glass are on this things. And on another note I finally got the Sylvania Silvestar both headlamps and fog lamps.:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Havn't looked at my fog lights on the Caliber, but I'd bet they were plastic lenses, and not glass. When you replace them, have some protective film installed on them to keep them from cracking again.

As for your paint, get a good wax that also removes swirls. Not to sound like a broken record, but if you really care about how your car looks, I'd recomend buying the Zaino line of products. They work great, but costs quite a bit of money to get started. The wax lasts a very long time though as long as you use the Zaino brand car wash when you wash the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I run the 3m clear bra on mine, about 350 for everthing including installation over here, would be cheaper for you in the states but I couldn't be happier with it. They sell it on ebay, but you have to search for Caliber clear bra. I have a white car and have had it on there for a while with no discoloration. I recommend it to everyone, it's great.

Had it on other vehicles in the past too with no problems. As for the foglights, mine are already cracked too, didn't get the clear protective film quick enough damnit:(

·
Registered
68 Posts
On every bra I've had the installation instructions say to wax the area where the bra will sit first. Also there is usually a warning about paint hazing after leaving it on to dry after it's rained or the bra has been wet.

I hope some good polish works.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Keep in mind......Wax alone may not cut it. You should get a mild polish and then wax it. Or simply get a cleaner wax. Mothers, meguiars, and even Zymol have cleaner waxes that you can get just about anywhere.....Good Luck!!! And leave the bra wearing to the women....LOL

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
that's why i don't wear .... i mean use a bra. i just let those puppies hang i mean the car discolor all over.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's too bad we didn't get a bra bomber instead of the shoe bomber. I would've applied for a security job at the airport.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You guys are too much!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of paint fogging :) You might be able to draw it out with a hot hair dryer. Just a suggestion......and stop using that front end cover :D

Chanda

1 - 15 of 15 Posts