Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there i just waxed my Baby yesterday and noticed at the driverside door actuly Paint pealing of at the corner where it meeds the rear door and its all loss all the way around to the inside of the door ,Anybody has this proplem ??? i told the dealer and he lookt at it and told me that someone over slamed the door ,so with other words its my fault ,what do you guys think??? Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
tupmeier said:
hello there i just waxed my Baby yesterday and noticed at the driverside door actuly Paint pealing of at the corner where it meeds the rear door and its all loss all the way around to the inside of the door ,Anybody has this proplem ??? i told the dealer and he lookt at it and told me that someone over slamed the door ,so with other words its my fault ,what do you guys think??? Cheers Thomas
well, did you? if not, it is there issue... it is a new car, door slam or not the paint shouldn't flake/peel. Scratch or chip maybe, but not peel... try again or even at another dealer

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i belive that i dit not slam the door but i dit noticed my kids slamed the bag doors a coupler times but should paint so easely chiping of (thats the word i wanted to put originaly just coulden find the wright spelling)?? Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
tupmeier said:
i belive that i dit not slam the door but i dit noticed my kids slamed the bag doors a coupler times but should paint so easely chiping of (thats the word i wanted to put originaly just coulden find the wright spelling)?? Cheers Thomas
oh, chip's are very different than a peeling paint like you originally said... peeling paint is a defect, chipped paint from a blunt object is different...

worst case, buy a paint stick and touch it up... or install the 3M chipgaurd in the area to protect it

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have peeling paint on my grille from the swap the dealer did from the color matched to the chrome grille.

·
Registered
52 Posts
peeling paint is going to be one heck of a recall, cuz you have to repaint the whole car or maybe get lucky and just a panel. Peeling paint means the base color was dirty, or oily, and theres nothing you can do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will have to check but I haven't seen any. The only thing I have is some blue paint on the edge of the door due to my door touching my neighbors house. Lightest of touch's but still put paint on the door. Needless to say, I live really close to my neighbor. :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am going to make a picture of it tomorow ,i undersdand that it chips if you hit something but there is nothing where you can hit it on ,i post tomorow
,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mines doing it on the bottom inside of the door but further toward's the A post then where the sill guards would go and it's happening on drivers and passenger side.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
tupmeier said:
Here are the pics of the chip

Wow...this can't be a good thing. IF it is a defect I hope that DCX knows about it and is fixing it before anymore are affected and will be offering a fix (repaint, could be a big thing)

Interesting...anyone else have any pictures of these symtoms?

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats very interesting, thats more a chip rather then peeling. I truly hope mine doesnt have the same issue. Only thing i would say is get a bottle of touch up paint. I mean who knows, sometimes things happen then you dont notice, and then later on you notice and cant figure things out. But paint shudnt chip like that at any rate. paint looks like it just didnt stick. Id make sure to keep pictures of this and any other occurance, as it may be needed if they find paint to be defective.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks like the old "I didn't know the seatbelt had not retracted" chip
in the paint.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
bigtsr said:
Looks like the old "I didn't know the seatbelt had not retracted" chip
in the paint.
Or driving through a gravel pit.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
that's because they're shipping them out while they're "still wet"!

·
Registered
162 Posts
BlackLeatherR/T said:
that's because they're shipping them out while they're "still wet"!
LOL That might explain why that one guy had the smiley on his!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was kind of skeptical about this too, until it happened to me yesterday. I parked in kind of a tight spot yesterday, and the person on my driver's side was pretty close. I opened the door and placed it on the door of the car next to me - I didn't slam it open, because door dings piss me off and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, so I made sure not to do it to them.

When I went to close the door, I could see the speck of paint that my car door had left behind on the other vehicle, and where the paint was missing from my driver's side door. It's no bigger than about a sesame seed along the edge of the door, so it's not terribly noticeable, but still... such a light touch should *not* cause the paint to chip. I've not closed anything in my door or driven through gravel pits or anything else... I'm pretty darned careful with this car, actually, considering it's my first new one I've ever bought.

But yeah, just so you guys are aware, he's not the only one with paint problems. I'll post pictures later, if they're even clear enough to be able to tell where the actual "damage" is.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i do not wonder any more that your guys have to wait so long for you car i ordert the paint to fix my chip and first the told me 2 days ,then they say this tuesday and now its next tuesday thats 21/2 weeks just for a bit of paint !!! I just hope it doesent rust that fast:mad: ,Cheers Thomas

1 - 20 of 31 Posts