Dodge Caliber Forums banner

what do you think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to lay vinyl on my caliber to hold me off untill i can aford to paint it.
nothing wrong with trying an idea out with vinyl first befor you paint it.
so check it out

i first thought about this. but i think it looks to import.

after further fiddleing with photoshop i came up with this more subtle idea

it will be in black . i made it blue just so you can see it shine on the car.
i got a quote of 120$ to cut and lay it on my caliber.
its subtle. it accents the beautiful fenders. and it is mostly just a thick pinstripe down my car.

it will go aroudn the bottom of the caliber. and say DODGE on the bumper in the rear.

why am i doing this?
because i see middle age ladies driving calibers around here :mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think if you did the black in the thin lines like you did the blue lines that would look sweet!! Damn you just graduated??? Congrats!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hah i graduated back in june . those were just the best pix i had to work with.
by the way UTB, those look good. i like the black style better. looks less import.
key thing i worry about is making this car look more import then domestic

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like the 2nd idea. Subtle and accents the body shape well. Which is hard, because this car is so ... "chunky" in design.

What would the 1st design look like if the line on the rear doors followed the curve of the wheel well, instead of a straight diagonal?

·
Registered
135 Posts
87rx7chick said:
why am i doing this?
because i see middle age ladies driving calibers around here :mad:
Hey Now :) I'm not quite middle aged yet (26yr) but compared to you, you probably think I am lol :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
IMHO, the blue that you put on there looks awesome and really adds to the look of the Marine Blue!!! I say, forget black and go with the blue!!!:D Of course, I'm very partial to the color blue so it's only natural that I would like the blue better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think the blue looks way better....Im a fan of the idea of tying in the black with the rest of the black already on the car, but i think the way you've done it, its almost too much black. The blue on blue is more subtle, looks classier, and more expensive than just sticking the black on there. The blue looks more like a custom paint job, which is what you are going for right?

·
Registered
162 Posts
BethJ said:
Hey Now :) I'm not quite middle aged yet (26yr) but compared to you, you probably think I am lol :D
LOL I would say from your picture that you are very far away from the "middle-aged woman" look! I hope that 26 isn't that old since I will be joining you in 3 months. I sure do feel old though, especially when I wake up and the joints don't wanna bend!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts