Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a broblem with the paint being chipped off because of bugs hitting the front. I went to Fla. in September and had 'love bugs' all over the front...when i detailed my car now that it is nice out i noticed that the paint has been chipped off.....Any ideas???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
love bugs are horrible on paint. ... only thing you can do is wash them off as soon as you can or put a bra on the front to protect it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I detailed the car for the first time yesterday and I was appalled that the entire front clip is saturated with chipped paint from bug guts, this is some thing the dealer was supposed to have taken care of. If you read my post in "post TSB's here" you will see everything else that I am ticked about. The car by the way is new, not used. It just looks horrible, I hope I can get this rectified.

In my defense, I work at a different time than my wife, so I only ever get to see the car in the dark, so I didnt notice this descrepancy till yesterday, had the car for 3 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hmmmm.... is it chipping only on the front of the hood? Or is the paint on the plastic items chipping as well? I think i may have to get a bug deflector after seeing all these posts. Its slowly getting warmer here and the bugs will be comming out soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
boostdog said:
or put a bra on the front to protect it.
Which is even worse on the paint than the love bugs.

The best thing to protect against road spray, bugs, stone chips, etc, is a chemical bra, Dupli-Color sells a spray-on bra in both grey and clear, that can only be removed by a pressure washer or by hand washing with soap and water. Normal rain and crap won't remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts