Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife finally let me do a mod to her caliber!!! I painted the ugly red outline to match the color of the car and then tinted the rest of the lights....This pic is just of the painted to match portion it was too dark outside when i finished to get a good pic and inside it wasnt good either!!! So I will post up some more pics shortly!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I taped off the reverse/blinker portion of the tails so that part is still clear. I also got some steath bulbs coming so the back portion will all be clear no more orange tinge in the back!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks interesting and am looking forward to seeing more pics.

I gather you just taped and sprayed.

Did you get paint from a dealer?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oldguy said:
Looks interesting and am looking forward to seeing more pics.

I gather you just taped and sprayed.

Did you get paint from a dealer?

Well theres more to it than that but yeah!! Actually sanded,cleaned, taped, primered, sanded, cleaned, then sprayed the color, taped, sprayed the tint, sanded, cleaned, sprayed the clear, polished. I get the paint from automotivetouchup.com They are great!!!

In this pic it doesnt even have clear on it I just wanted to make sure the color was a perfect match. I checked with some samples and it looked good but just wanted to double check. This steele blue has green in it so when wet it looks more green than blue!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
lukeinva said:
Well theres more to it than that but yeah!! Actually sanded,cleaned, taped, primered, sanded, cleaned, then sprayed the color, taped, sprayed the tint, sanded, cleaned, sprayed the clear, polished. I get the paint from automotivetouchup.com They are great!!!

In this pic it doesnt even have clear on it I just wanted to make sure the color was a perfect match. I checked with some samples and it looked good but just wanted to double check. This steele blue has green in it so when wet it looks more green than blue!!
what kind of primer did you use?

... it looks great, i think i'm going to have to do that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black_RT said:
what kind of primer did you use?

... it looks great, i think i'm going to have to do that.

I used an epoxy primer

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been trying to post up the pics today my home computer crapped on me Yes it made a mess!! hahaha!!! My laptop from work isnt recognizing the drive for the camera now. So let me get that figured out or my home computer to work again and the pics will be up!!! I will have some time on friday and saturday should be up one of those days! sorry for the delays!

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Another inexpensive thing you can do to make your Calibers look more unique, is to use Niteshades spray tint for lights.

Its been a popular product for the Neon, and SRT-4 for us, and Im sure you Caliber guys would like it too!

This product is basically a spray paint type product that sprays on, BUT still allows light to shine through !! Regular spray paint products will NOT allow light to shine through !!

Check out these photos:

Taillights :

Taillights with one coat of Niteshades :

Taillights with two coats of Niteshades

Taillights with three coats of niteshades :

Notice how it progressively gets darker and darker depending on how many coats you spray on ? You can choose however dark you want it to be by spraying on additional coats.

Cost for two cans of Niteshades : $19.99

We've got Niteshades in stock at MP, and can ship these to you via Fedex within a few days.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I want to see the finished product as well. *bump*

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry guys I tried taking some pics yesterday and they didnt turn out too good I will post up a couple. Just so you can see. I wasnt happy with the pics so I decided to take them off the car and try to see if I could get better pics inside well then I dropped one of the lights and messed it all up. At least I didnt brake the light. Now one looks sweet and the other one looks like crap. I will be fixing that later this week. But when I get home from work today I will post up some of the pics I did take.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts