Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to be back. While I was in Ok. I painted these stripes on my Caliber. Silver pinstripes, in between those I had silver basecoat w/black inserts. Over that I painted House of Kolor's Kandy Brandywine, then clearcoat. I was pressed for time, so the bullets didn't come out like I wanted, but I can go over them later on. When I pulled the masking paper off, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It has grown on me though, and the Kandy color sure looks good when the sun hits it. I was a little worried about posting pics of it, until I saw the Thugmobile! Perfect timing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wait a minute- I have to resize the photos- sorry.

·
Registered
259 Posts
welcome back... I like it but where are the bullets? BTW you have nothing to worry about posting these there is no way a thread can go as bad as thugs did.... I think we scared the poor guy away.

·
Registered
181 Posts
mistermario said:
welcome back... I like it but where are the bullets? BTW you have nothing to worry about posting these there is no way a thread can go as bad as thugs did.... I think we scared the poor guy away.
The front of stripe right? Looks nice.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mistermario said:
The bullet is at the front, hard to see, and it just goes into the stripe. I will put more definition into it when the heat lets up around here, like maybe December.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I see it now.. it is a lot more obvious in the second picture :) I agree with Tinsu also you are very brave but at least it worked out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Looks great Fitz!!:cool::cool: Nice clean design and doesn't take away from the car too much...
Thanks! I guess that was my main concern, that it would be too much and take away from the car, but I'm seeing more and more Calibers now, I'm glad I did it. Origianally I was going to bring a smaller pinstripe down from below the bullet, behind the fender, and then up over the line on the wheel well. I didn't have enough time, but I'm still considering the idea. Any ideas or opinions on that?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Fitz said:
Thanks! I guess that was my main concern, that it would be too much and take away from the car, but I'm seeing more and more Calibers now, I'm glad I did it. Origianally I was going to bring a smaller pinstripe down from below the bullet, behind the fender, and then up over the line on the wheel well. I didn't have enough time, but I'm still considering the idea. Any ideas or opinions on that?
IMO, I would leave it the way it is. Putting too much may take away from the lines of the Caliber, and make the eyes wonder too much. Your currecnt design really bring the rear tails to the side of the car and really flows nice with out distracting too much.

My eyes go from the front, to the back tails, and back again, in a nice flowing manner.

But, it is all up to you as well...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
IMO, I would leave it the way it is. Putting too much may take away from the lines of the Caliber, and make the eyes wonder too much. Your currecnt design really bring the rear tails to the side of the car and really flows nice with out distracting too much.

My eyes go from the front, to the back tails, and back again, in a nice flowing manner.

But, it is all up to you as well...
Very convincing. Plus the fact that my wife agrees with you as well, I'll leave it as it is. But I will do some small airbrush signature or something on the tailgate. Nothing too wild though. Thanks again.
Fitz.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Curious graphic work. I like it, though I'm undecided about the point that drops down in front of door handle. I especially like the part above the tail lamp. Nice work!!!

What's the car behind your Caliber, it looks cool... from what I can see.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GOT said:
Curious graphic work. I like it, though I'm undecided about the point that drops down in front of door handle. I especially like the part above the tail lamp. Nice work!!!

What's the car behind your Caliber, it looks cool... from what I can see.
That point that drops down signifies the existence of the... Aw Crap, it doesn't stand for anything. I just got bored with the straight line when I laid it out. And the fact that I'd had a few beers and some whiskey- I thought "Hey this would be cool". Then when I saw it finished, that was the part that really bothered me. But I've gotten used to it, and actually kind of like it now. The moral of this story is "Never drink and then paint your Caliber".:eek:

That car in the background is my Dad's 1918?Model T. He's also got a '31 Model A with the rumble seat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Fitz, it's good to see you back :D

I'm liking the new stripes, they look great on the black paintwork however, you're braver than me - If I wanted stripes I'd have to pay someone to do it :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
They dont look too bad Fitz. There is some cood contrast played off there that I think just works fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't like the bit that comes down in front of the door handle, but other than that it looks good. I think the colors look great on the black car. And for sure it's a better job than I could ever do!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to everybody for the input. It really is nice to be back and to be connected to the forum again. I noticed last night that I was now a "Senior Member"! I thought that was pretty cool, so I strutted into the living room and bragged to my wife that I was now a Senior Member. Her response- "Oh did they suddenly realize that you were 51 years old?":confused: She's such a smart ass!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts