Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the blue lights in the gauges are too bright? If I dim them to an acceptable level, I can no longer read the lights on the radio buttons or the climate controls. I have owned many cars in my life but none has had a high beam light as bright as the Caliber. I fixed this by using a little piece of window tint (the static cling type) cut the same shape as the blacked out portion of the guage. This dimmed it just enough without compromising the ability to read it during the daytime.
Any thoughts, suggestions?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha..ghetto gauge dimmer. :D

Haven't heard of anyone else with that problem so far man..looks like you're flying solo. :p

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not too bright on this end, although eventually I'm going to replace all of my interior lights with red lights to keep my night vision from going when I turn on a map light or otherwise.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The gauges are BLUE??? That sounds AWESOME...

I thought they were kind of an 'indiglo' greenish...

Anyone have pics of the dash lit up?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Shit, I'll third it. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
caliber4whoosh said:
Haha..ghetto gauge dimmer.
Haven't heard of anyone else with that problem so far man..looks like you're flying solo
I guess my eyes are just getting too sensitive in my old age. Maybe I have bat DNA in my system.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Saw this thread and took some quick 1:30AM photos. Tried to post them, but this 39.1KB max filesize that prevents anything even smaller than a thumbnail pic is completely ridiculous...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If someone wants the fuller-sized (and actually VIEWABLE) pictures, just send me a PM and I can arrange sending them by email (that person could also re-post them here in his/her own photo format that may work, if desired).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hi Harley, you can send me the full size pic. I will resize and whatnot, and post it up here. See your PM for my email addr.
-k.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Hi Harley, you can send me the full size pic. I will resize and whatnot, and post it up here. See your PM for my email addr.
-k.
Done and sent.

Thank you in advance for helping to share this requested info with others...

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Here are the pics from Harley, who wrote:

I should note that the steering wheel obstructs the full view of the gauges in the second photo: that was unavoidable in order to include the stereo and temp-control panel lighting also...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy,

Thanks for getting them posted.

About the same time you posted them, I finished setting up a PhotoBucket account (thanks, Ironside) and uploading the pics.

You beat me to posting them, though. I shouldn't have any future problems posting any other pics now...

·
Registered
728 Posts
No problem Harley, i've been using photobucket for YEARS.. pretty cool site.

That dash is HOT HOT HOT :D :eek: :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts