Registered
361 Posts
Despite being taught to use it all the time, I usually only use it on a hill :/

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bulldogger said:
^ I C. LOL

It just seems like in a lot of the pix that people post of their Calibers the park brake is pulled.
I'd probably use mine if we had some hills around here. BTW- Is that a 44 spcl. Bulldog in your new avatar? I just remembered that I have one of those.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Principal said:
Despite being taught to use it all the time, I usually only use it on a hill :/
That... is me too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
When playing around in the snow. That is all. I used it once when I first got it to make sure it worked, not at all since then.

Can't wait for the snow... (first time I've ever said that)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
i use it every single time since a got the car exept ones when i went into the gas stadion to get a car wash tiket and when i came outside i found my car 10 meters away from where i parkt it because i also left it in neutral with my kids inside the car and friking out because they dit not know what to do ,so just to be save i allways do from that point on.Cheers thomas

·
Registered
135 Posts
I only seem to use it at night when I'm on the highway and I'm like the only car for three miles and I'm coming up on a cop. :) I need to slow down but I don't want any break lights lol I know I know I'm bad.

·
Registered
746 Posts
tupmeier said:
i use it every single time since a got the car exept ones when i went into the gas stadion to get a car wash tiket and when i came outside i found my car 10 meters away from where i parkt it because i also left it in neutral with my kids inside the car and friking out because they dit not know what to do ,so just to be save i allways do from that point on.Cheers thomas
parent of the year. ;) lol!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
BethJ said:
I only seem to use it at night when I'm on the highway and I'm like the only car for three miles and I'm coming up on a cop. :) I need to slow down but I don't want any break lights lol I know I know I'm bad.
By the time you see the cop to slow down, he's already got you on his radar gun if he's using it. Especially if you are the only one on the road. Kinda like radar detectors. If you are the only car on the road, a radar detector just lets you know you've been caught.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I never use mine. That's what park is for on automatics, and reverse or 1st gear in manuals. But there are no hills where I live, at least none I park on. But if I did, I'd use it on hills only.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I use mine all the time. . .well, all the time I'm not actually driving. . .it would be kind of stupid of me to use while I'm driving. :D

It's a habit I've gotten into since I first started driving, especially with manual trannys. I put it in 1st and pull the brake before I get out. Even when I've owned automatic transmissions, I always used the brake.

I do it because I was told that if anything happens (parked on an incline, car gets hit, etc.) that the brake will help bear some of the load that would be placed on the transmission reducing the stress on the tranny. I don't know how true that is, but it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use mine all the time. Partially because my other car is a 5 speed and I am used to it. The other reason is because I have heard it is bad to let your car sit on your auto transmission.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For those of you who don't use it that frequently, you should. A co-worker never used his on his truck, except for when he needed to, and went to get his brakes checked and had to have his parking brake replaced because the springs that were used to apply the parking brake became brittle and broke from not being used. He was out a few hundred bucks with parts and labor. So there's a little heads up on that issue.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts