Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just thought I would share my horror from last Friday. Apparently one of my 30 co-workers took the time to dent in my passenger door for me. I'm so thrilled. Unfortunately, I don't know which one did it so I get to foot the bill.

Attached are some pics.

Tiff

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
That is awful! I can't believe someone would just walk away after doing that. And who opens their door so hard that this could be the result?? Was a BEAR chasing them out of their car?!

Maybe it was just a hater who couldn't get their own Caliber....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey MG, That just sucks! We would be so p/o. Shouldnt happen to any car, let alone a brand new one! Some people are just brutal.
Im sorry to hear it happened to you...and see the damage. :mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Muzzy that sucks, just go around and dent everyone elses car you will eventually get the right one...wait maybe that's what happened the first time.
Oh well sorry for your dent, coudl be worse.

-Tone

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is the lot video taped from any angle. Whether it be your company, Street camera, even an ATM?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Painful...yes, I feel it. Since getting my Caliber, I make it my point to park in the far-readchest of the lot. I also try to park by "respectible" vehicles as well. All in the hopes that whomever I park by will have the same respect for my vehicle as they do their own.

Sometimes, I can't park that way. When that happens, I am at the mercy of the parking lot fairies. ....and we all know, when it comes to the Caliber, it can be anything but cute.

...there's a pun in there somewhere....just in case you missed it. :D

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I caught it!! Fairy = Commericial = Anything But Cute

I win. Now ship me your Caliber. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
(I got it)

No there are no tapes anywhere. I've already checked. We park in a parkade and have a row of 10 spaces. Other people, generally U of I students, can park in the rest of the parkade. What usually happens is someone will park in our spots and then notice that they can't. Big sign on the wall, so they get in their car and leave.

So technically, I don't know if it was an employee, a student or the angry construction worker that asked me out. I have no idea. I'm just completely ticked off. Just like a woman, I cried all the way home. I park as far away as possible, even if I'm just running in to grab a jug of milk. I take a lot of pride in the looks of my vehicle. I wash/wax/strip like it's nothing. My cars always look sharp. As they should.

I'm just frustrated. All of my car dealers are pretty upset that it happened too. Even though they aren't all Dodge dealerships, they feel my pain. So one of the used lots is going to let me bring my car down the next day that the paintless dent guy is down there. This guy does awesome work, but he only does it for the dealerships. Hence my previous comments.

Oh, I don't recognize alot of you so here's my rap sheet...

I own the three vehicles metioned in my sig along with a nasty 88 Plymouth Sundance that my hubby drives to work. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 saltwater tanks. I like things in two's I guess. LOL

In my spare time I go drag racing in the Neon, hoping to lower times this year. Also plan on taking the 10 to the track as well. I own Midwestneons.com. I've had that site up for just over a year and half. Quite a few members.

I work for an independently owned newspaper and work as a customer service rep. Aka... I sell advertising to the University, all Iowa City (& area) realtors and have all automotive in Iowa City (& area).

Ok, enough about me.

Tiff

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you catch whoever did the damage, you COULD always jam that person's finger (or something else...) in your cars' power outlet... ;) :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Harley said:
If you catch whoever did the damage, you COULD always jam that person's finger (or something else...) in your cars' power outlet... ;) :p
Or tell him to check the Catalytic Converters temp for ya. :mad:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harley said:
If you only knew how funny that comment is. LOL

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
If you only knew how funny that comment is. LOL
Oh, but i DO!

A few nights ago, I was browsing some of the profiles, attached websites, etc - and THAT story on yours stood out... :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha...good idea!

You have 3 of the cars I would kill for right now...:D:D

(Not literally so please don't sue me...:eek:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Harley said:
Oh, but i DO!

A few nights ago, I was browsing some of the profiles, attached websites, etc - and THAT story on yours stood out... :D
Oh geez. LOL It was a good read though, eh? LMAO

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Man that's a big-dent! Those idiots must've slammed their door open into yours! Damn door-dingers!:mad: Hope it gets a good repair.

I always park clear away from everybody and do the walk... all because of door-dingin-jerks!

I door-dinged a car once and I went into the shop it was parked in front of and told the girl. She told me no worries, thanked me several times... and laughed that my car was dented worse from it:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts