Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how much plastic is used in the body panels, I can tell the lifgate is not metal. The rear fenders also sound like plastic? How much of this car is metal versus plastic on the outside?

Just wondering, still love my AWD R/T with 1700 miles, driving way to much for fun, between the car being fun to drive and the added subwoofer making the base sound system amazing, I am putting too many miles on this baby.

Flaps

·
Registered
155 Posts
Flaps said:
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how much plastic is used in the body panels, I can tell the lifgate is not metal. The rear fenders also sound like plastic? How much of this car is metal versus plastic on the outside?

Just wondering, still love my AWD R/T with 1700 miles, driving way to much for fun, between the car being fun to drive and the added subwoofer making the base sound system amazing, I am putting too many miles on this baby.

Flaps
Easy way is to use a magnet, use a piece of felt or cloth to avoid scratching the paint..........

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Flaps said:
I can tell the lifgate is not metal. The rear fenders also sound like plastic? How much of this car is metal versus plastic on the outside?
The only part of the "liftgate" that is metal is the part across just below the glass. It's just that ledge there. The rest is metal. The fender and quarter panels... everything is metal except the bumper covers and that piece on the gate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts