Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Am From A Small Town And Was Not Able To Get All The Goodys That I Wanted. I Do Have An 2007 Dodge Caliber Sxt With Refrigerated Glove Box, Color Matched Interior And Instrument Panel. The Color Is Inferno Red. But I Am Looking To Anyone That Can Help To Tell Me The Size Of The Speakers In The Door. My Dealership Doesnt Know And Its Not In The Handbook. Also If Anyone Knows If They Are Offering To Sell The Musoc Gate From Dodge Let Me Know Because My Dealership Says They Wont. Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wow, it is harder to read something where every word is capitalized that one might suspect...

I don't think you could add the musicgate because you get so much more that just the musicgate itself when you buy that upgrade. Plus, I would think it would be hard to install later. But I'm no expert.

As far as parts, my salesman says accessories, etc, for the Caliber have not been released yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the caps thing forgot i had it on. I know u get more its a nine speaker boston aqoustic sound system but my dealership says they install but cant find it anywhere. o and some info on the sunroof. i have read alot of bad things on the sunroof and my finance manager talked me out of the sunroof due to so many problems with them. thanks for the help any more info let me know please

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i can find the other forum i will post the link. but there was a section devoted to not getting the sunroof due to leaks. it could have been one of those things that someone was talking crap or whatever but just hear-say i guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you can wait a few months for more Calibers to get out on the road, i'm sure that several aftermarket options will be available. I think it would be a real pain in the ass to try to install the musicgate sytem post production and I certainly would not trust a dealer to get it right. If you need better audio now, buy a good head unit, amp and speakers and have a pro install it. Unless you get crazy with really high end stuff, it should be a lot cheaper than what the dealer can do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok maybe u can answer the question of what the size of the door speakers are in the sxt model? cant find anyone who knows and would like to do my own sound system instead of going through the dealership but cant figure out size. and dont wanna take my own door panel off to find out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
shane07sxt said:
ok maybe u can answer the question of what the size of the door speakers are in the sxt model? cant find anyone who knows and would like to do my own sound system instead of going through the dealership but cant figure out size. and dont wanna take my own door panel off to find out.
Sorry... i meant to include that in my last post. All door speakers are 6"x9"s and you should be able to mount an 8" sub in the same spot used for the Musicgate system (rear hatch area). Almost any amp should go easily under the passenger seat. Good Luck with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You will need the 2006 Dodge Magnum dash kit and/ or wire harness adapter (if using existing wires). Crutchfield does not have the kits for Calibers yet, but the magnum kit fits. See posts from ib2loud for details. he already did it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My own experience with 4 Sunroofed Chrysler vehicles is that they don't leak. I always get the 50,000+ mile vehicles. My wife gets the new ones. I have had several in the 200,000 range with factory roofs over the last couple of years and still staying dry!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you sure they are 6x9's? the panels for the door speakers do not have the 6x9 dimensions.. my best guess is that they are 6-8" full range drivers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
go to moparsupercenter.com I believe they have parts available for the caliber.

Hooking up the music gate wouldnt be a problem just time consuming. Your dealer probably doesnt have anyone that is capable of installing it thats why they turned you away. I dont know where you are located but if I was you I would find a town close to me with a good radio shop and go get some after market speakers. Heck if you want to install them your self just go on ebay you can get all kinds kicker, memphis, boston acoustic and they are usually cheaper than in the store. I just order 2 sets of kicker 6x9's for my 300 they have more peak watts more RMS watts basically they are better than what mopar sells and they were $15 cheaper than the dealer upgrade I could get for my car. I know they will sound a ton better. You can make the car sound even better than the stock system. Though I do have to admit my wife has that system with the music gate and it sounds pretty damn good!! But it can always be upgraded!

·
Registered
245 Posts
shane07sxt said:
Sorry about the caps thing forgot i had it on. I know u get more its a nine speaker boston aqoustic sound system but my dealership says they install but cant find it anywhere. o and some info on the sunroof. i have read alot of bad things on the sunroof and my finance manager talked me out of the sunroof due to so many problems with them. thanks for the help any more info let me know please
I would advise against the installation of the two items at the dealership. Unless they can provide you a written estimate, more then likely the installation of the Sunroof and Musicgate system will cost much more to have it installed at the dealership.

I believe you would be better off to have it installed straight from the factory for cost reasons.

The door speakers are 6x9 as diagramed here:
http://omgihost.com/upload/files/109/musicgate_large.gif

If the dealership is unable to order this vehicle for you, have you considered driving outside your town to a larger dealership? In some cases driving an hour can save you a few hundred, if not thousand dollars on a new vehicle.

Let us know,
Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well dan, i already have the car and was wanting to get it aftermarket from the dealership. they keep telling me that it is not avaliable and they could not install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts