Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of the parts for the 2.0-1.8 also fit the 2.4 like intakes headers and such also lowering springs for the fwd r/t anyone found those yet?

·
Registered
413 Posts
You're going to have to wait a little while until they sort that out. I haven't found any listings for the R/T FWD yet. As far as compatibilty with the 1.8 and 2.0 liter engines..........I haven't seen to many items that are interchangeable, except oil filters and such. Even eibach lists springs for all models except yours............ give them a call and see which kit may work for you. There is a large possibility that manufacturers have not updated there listings, and have products that will work for you. I'll keep an eye out for you if I find anything.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The problem is with the AWD R/T not the FWD R/T. The AWD has a drive shaft, which moves the exaust pipe. The Mopar performance exaust, CAI, and headers will fit the R/T. The problem is only the AWD R/T. If you have a FWD it will work. The K and N CAI (Which is better than the Mopar one) will fit all 3. Magnaflow is workign on cat-back exaust systems, and currently they only have a system for the R/T AWD, this is because they are the first to provide a cat-back system for the R/T AWD, but that does not matter to you because you have the FWD.

I have the R/T AWD, and I sent a dealer a question who called Chrysler to get details and they said the following on the header.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Chrysler techs say it will work. however there is a bulletin when I go to order that says it will only work on front wheel drive only.

So yes, all the Mopar parts will work with the R/T FWD:D . The only thing is that if you go with the Mopar cat-back system, you will have 2 exaust pipes out the back, and it will look a little funny with the cut out on one side only:( .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Everythign should bolt right up. I knwo the heads are the exactsame. the only one that is different is the turbo and thats not even really different all it has is a hole drilled on a angle instead of straight down.

Your engines are quite strong!! I dont see a problem seeing 400 whp on stock block. the bottom end is same design concept as the viper.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The intakes, and headers should all be the same. Exhasut routing will be different on the AWD as mentioned already. I know for fact the AEM intake will fit both the 2.0 and 2.4L since we sold ours from our 2.0 to a R/T owner with the 2.4 and it fit his just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts