Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a light for when the pssenger air bag is turned off. I think it is supposed to be turned off whenever the seat is empty in which case the light should come on. But it only comes on when the car is started. I am assuming there is something wrong with it right?

·
Registered
901 Posts
It does come on briefly during all the power up sensor checks.... but then goes out if the weight sensed on the seat is less or more than the "airbag off" weight range. If it senses weight on the seat in a certain range, the light stays on, indicating the airbag is off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lightweight items on the seat will not disable the airbag. I've actually set a bag of groceries on the seat and it didn't turn it off. My 5 year old sat up there one day when we were playing with the radio (in the driveway, he still rides in a carseat in the back), and it turned off the airbag. I didn't know it disabled it automatically and I thought it was WAY too cool - reassuring to know that if for whatever reason someday he needed to sit up there, the airbag won't impale him :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts