Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I passed by a VW Thing today, and couldn't help but notice a passing resemblence of a VW Thing and the Caliber. Anybody else think so too, or am I off my rocker?

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
other than 4 tires, I don't see the resemblence either.

Now if you said Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix, I could see some similarities.

J

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, I don't see it either... two vehicles designed for totally different purposes...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think what he is getting at is the fact that the front fenders are exposed and taper into the sides vs just having the hood completely cover the fenders/wheel well. I know, but its a stretch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know.. I can imagine worse things to be compared to. The VW Thing was a unique and cool vehicle. If I found one of those before I bought my '75 Bus I would have gotten a Thing instead to restore.

And the Thing is pretty much anything but cute too...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
rcompart said:
I think what he is getting at is the fact that the front fenders are exposed and taper into the sides vs just having the hood completely cover the fenders/wheel well. I know, but its a stretch.
I think that's part of it... and that the fenders are at the corners.

Also (besides the obvious) both cars share a rather bold and blunt styling similarity. The Thing is bold-&-blunt out of simplicity and necessity (it was a war machine). The Caliber is bold-&-blunt for design's sake and to give it an aggressively appealing look.

·
Registered
277 Posts
dude you got passed by a VW thing!!! They have 46 HP and 72 Ft-Lbs !!! Im not even kidding, Iv driven one before!!! I hope you mean you saw one!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think its unanimous. You're off your rocker...lol. The thing was one ugly car. The caliber ain't.

·
Registered
371 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
dude you got passed by a VW thing!!! They have 46 HP and 72 Ft-Lbs !!! Im not even kidding, Iv driven one before!!! I hope you mean you saw one!!!
That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!!! I damn near woke my wife up laughing so hard. I was thinking the same thing, but you said it so much better than I would've. You is one funny mo-fo!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw similarities in the hood not going over the wheels, bold & blunt styling, some of the lines, etc. Maybe I am just crazy, it wouldn't be the first time.

As far as me getting passed by one, no, I passed it, it was parked. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Harley said:
And NOT pinging, right? :rolleyes:
Mine still pings too :mad:

black-sxt-sport said:
Haha, my motorcycle has 3x more power, that's pathetic!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Lol my dirtbike makes the same HP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts