Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We also made the decision to purchase a Caliber SXT Sport.
My wife and I are older than the majority of posters to Caliber forums, so our priorities are different.
We have always had Japanese or German cars and bought diesel when possible.
We wanted to have a car that had a good ground clearance, comfortable seats, decent fuel economy, manual transmission and the convenience of a hatchback.
There are no perfect cars on the market, so if I mention some points that I don't like as much in the Caliber compared to another car, it isn't a reason to be treated as a traitor to the Dodge cause!
-Would be nice to have made better use of the 'trunk' area to include storage areas, including various hidden compartments and tie-downs (Matrix)
-Offer heated and fold-away mirrors (VW Golf & Focus, etc.)
-Make door-lock and window switches illuminated (VW Golf)
-Allow window defrosting without having to use the A/C (see manual page 188)
-Stand up for the reliability of the car by a longer warranty
-Offer splash guards for the front wheels (see Mopar accessories 'L' in Caliber brochure)
-Offer a Diesel option for North America (Compare gas MPG figures with Toyota, Honda????)
None of these comments detract from the great value and features that are being showcased by the Caliber.
We're anxiously awaiting delivery of our new car and hope to see you on the road.;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
canoenut said:
But the Caliber DOES allow window defrosting without the use of the A/C... at least in mine it does (which I'm very happy about).

·
Registered
746 Posts
canoenut said:
My wife and I are older than the majority of posters to Caliber forums, so our priorities are different.
We have always had Japanese or German cars and bought diesel when possible.
We wanted to have a car that had a good ground clearance, comfortable seats, decent fuel economy, manual transmission and the convenience of a hatchback.
There are no perfect cars on the market, so if I mention some points that I don't like as much in the Caliber compared to another car, it isn't a reason to be treated as a traitor to the Dodge cause!
-Would be nice to have made better use of the 'trunk' area to include storage areas, including various hidden compartments and tie-downs (Matrix)
-Offer heated and fold-away mirrors (VW Golf & Focus, etc.)
-Make door-lock and window switches illuminated (VW Golf)
-Stand up for the reliability of the car by a longer warranty
-Offer splash guards for the front wheels (see Mopar accessories 'L' in Caliber brochure)
-Offer a Diesel option for North America (Compare gas MPG figures with Toyota, Honda????)
None of these comments detract from the great value and features that are being showcased by the Caliber.
We're anxiously awaiting delivery of our new car and hope to see you on the road.;)
i do believe i read this in another forum... ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
canoenut said:
My wife and I are older than the majority of posters to Caliber forums, so our priorities are different. *snip*
What is "Older than the majority".

I have seen this mentioned before, my wife and I bought one, and I am not sure I am young enough to own one now.

;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Exatcly how old?

Good comments, forward em to Dodge! :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Exatcly how old?

Good comments, forward em to Dodge! :D
I am 40, my wife is "younger" (cough, cough 38, cough)

I have read a few adds that says they are expecting the majority of buyers to be in their 20's.

We looked at Magnums, but my wife is only 5'02" and did not feel comfortable in the Magnum, had a hard time judging where the ends of the car was. We were driving a Pontiac Grand Prix STE that we absolutely hated.

2 kids, 9 and 7, we fit better in the Caliber than we did in the STE.

I just wish we could get it faster than the 6 - 8 weeks wait. :(

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah...the wait's gonna suck...:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
What is "Older than the majority".

I have seen this mentioned before, my wife and I bought one, and I am not sure I am young enough to own one now.

;)
I am so close to 47 I will declare it:) I'm expecting an R/T AWD second week of May. On paper the car is a great value. Time will truly tell. Demographics on this vehicle is / should be broad. Continued success will relate to reliability.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't want to give the impression that we're in the geriatric group, however at 51 and my wife going on the big five oh....

By the way, when DCX says that its' market is for parents buying it for their kids or as the main car in countries that aren't very prosperous, I wonder if we're actually the working poor.:eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOT said:
But the Caliber DOES allow window defrosting without the use of the A/C... at least in mine it does (which I'm very happy about).
Thanks for the info. I'm still waiting for our car and just was basing my comment on the owner's manual.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am 48, as is my wife. We have 3 teens. We are all excited about our new Caliber. We only have 200 miles on it, and I'm the only driver so far. Let's see how long that lasts.
I used to drive an Intrepid. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 29 and my wife is 30 and we absolutely love this car. My folks are 56 and they're thinking of buying one for my mom. If my dad didn't travel 80,000kms a year for work and didn't need his Passat TDI he'd be looking at the SRT-4 for himself. In fact, I think I might get the SRT-4 for myself too! My wife can have the SXT and I'll have the SRT-4! How cool would THAT be!!??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts