Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have a feeling that I'm going to have a difficult time getting a personalized plate to read what I want I figured I would get a personalized license frame instead.

Most of the frame stores are online, therefore I can't really tell from a picture about the quality.

Has anyone ordered a personalized license frame online? If so, what is a good place to get a QUALITY frame?

For instance, here is one place: http://www.autoplates.com/ I'm not sure if the frame will be a piece of garbage though. I would hate to waste my money.

Any help??

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
hey u are in luck! my parents have just expanded their business to do digital full colour imprinting on lots of items such as the license plate frames. they havent had a chance to do one yet, but as soon as they are able to get one i will post pics...we have a 8 megapixel camera so hopefully the pics will be good enough for you!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UN4GTBL said:
hey u are in luck! my parents have just expanded their business to do digital full colour imprinting on lots of items such as the license plate frames. they havent had a chance to do one yet, but as soon as they are able to get one i will post pics...we have a 8 megapixel camera so hopefully the pics will be good enough for you!
Thanks! I would really appreciate that. I still have awhile before my Caliber is delivered but I wanted to get the frame done during my grueling wait.

Looking forward to the pics :D

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
were still learning about it so im gonna see if we can get some done for our vehicles for advertising and post the pics soon as we get them:D ...at school now so ill see what we can do next week as it is friday afternoon afterall!!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
ill see what i can do..still learning about the machine and what it can do:D :rolleyes: I will keep u guys posted...im waiting for my caliber too...see my sig

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm also interested and located in Ontario.

Looking forward to the update.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
...talked to my parents about it...and as soon as we get out plate frames i will take pics and post them until then we all sit and wait...;)

p.s. hopefully the wait wont kill ne body lol...im waiting as well, plus u guys should be pros at waiting what with the caliber wait times and all lol

not sure about vinyl window stickers tho...will keep u guys posted as best as possible!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UN4GTBL said:
...talked to my parents about it...and as soon as we get out plate frames i will take pics and post them until then we all sit and wait...;)

p.s. hopefully the wait wont kill ne body lol...im waiting as well, plus u guys should be pros at waiting what with the caliber wait times and all lol

not sure about vinyl window stickers tho...will keep u guys posted as best as possible!
As anxious as I am, you're right... we all know about wait times. I've had to teach myself patience over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for keeping us updated!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you tried applying for the plate you want? You don't know if you don't try :) Some states even have an online thing where you can check plate availability before applying. I do know that we will be transferring our personalized plates from the Mazda over to the Caliber. The red/yellow Iowa State University plates will look nice on our Sunburst Orange Caliber :)

Chanda

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you can ensure the frame will neutralize the cameras on 407, that would help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chanda said:
Have you tried applying for the plate you want? You don't know if you don't try :) Some states even have an online thing where you can check plate availability before applying. I do know that we will be transferring our personalized plates from the Mazda over to the Caliber. The red/yellow Iowa State University plates will look nice on our Sunburst Orange Caliber :)

Chanda
I haven't tried that yet, but I definitely will. I don't think Maryland has a system which allows you to check plate availability. However, I am going to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion Chanda.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Oldguy said:
If you can ensure the frame will neutralize the cameras on 407, that would help.
well i don't know about that...:rolleyes: they are just frames, although i should see if we can do those clear covers like some of the dealers have...what u do to the cover is not my resposibility;)

I'm waiting on some more information and pictures for you guys:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Try one of those scrolling LED ones. You get a remote and everything!!!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
I was just pmed looking for more information, so i will relate to everybody else what I said in my reespose pm and what I know so far. We were having some technical difficulties, but *I think* that these have been resolved, I have been too busy with school/work lately to even ask how the frames are coming. As soon as I know either when we can start taking orders I will be contactting the mods to see what would be involved in this. Of course there would be a caliberforums.com member discount:D - and if somebody wants to make a caliberforums.com logo that would fit onto a frame that would be awesome!! - pm me if you need anymore information - but use your imagination!! - we are capable of FULL COLOUR so we can stand out from those boring plain "other car club" frames. Again I will be posting as I find out information. My parents are gone out to go visit my grandma this week so when they get home i will start bugging them for you guys (as well as me, I want a custom frame for my caliber when i get it!!:D ) Hope this helps, and again sorry about the wait:eek:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
**UPDATE**

My dad just started production of the plate frames.
The one catch that I can think of would be the fact that there is a high set up fee that is required. This fee is valid for each different design. AKA if you get 1 or 100 frames of the same design there is one set up fee. I was wondering if there were some people who wanted to create a design for the frames? I was thinking of a caliberforums.com frame that we could do a deal and spread the set up fee around over a bunch of orders so that it would not be that much.

To those wanting to design: we can do FULL COLOUR, so do not be afraid to be creative.

I just gotta go find me a mod to make this legit now...:rolleyes:

I will post pics soon...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Glad to hear that you are now in production.

Suzq has some real design talent and perhaps she will take a shot at design.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts